CHAPTER NINETEEN

A R A B E L L A    P O V

It's been two weeks since Dante forced himself onto me. Yes, part of me wanted him, but he also was hurting me at the same time. Just let him have what he wanted. I was sore for a few days after, plus he kept apologising for his actions. He did leave a few bruises, leaving me feeling tender on the inside too.

Dante had left a short time ago to sort out a few things. That is all he would tell me. No idea what the hell to do. Bored with just hanging around the house watching the men who are watching me. Perhaps I could check on one of his brothels? Beats hanging around here. Stepped into the vast hallway to slip my trainers on. Made my way to a car and left.

Pulled up to the brothel I had been to before. Slide out of the car, walked up to the door. Opened the door, let myself in. The girls stare at me with confused expressions. The madame steps towards me. "My Queen, this is an unexpected visit." We shake hands. "Please call me Arabella." She smiles, gestures to me to sit on the sofa.

The girls step back, watching me. "Could I ask a question?" I ask the madame. She nods. "Do you get treated fairly by Dante?" I'm curious about why these girls do what they do. "We are protected, paid well, and have a home." She answers me. "Could I look around?" My curiosity is getting the better of me. I wanted to know more to find out why Dante visits here once a week? The girls stand back to let me look around.

The rooms are a nice size with minimal furniture. Yes, they are working girls, but this is also their home. Or a place they call home. "Do you entertain your clients in your rooms?" They all nod. Shake my head knowing that they had to entertain in the bed with god knows how many men plus sleep there when the work had finished. They might get paid well, and this is their profession, but you need personal space too. The house is spotless, smells clean. They smoke outside.

If I say anything to Dante, he will think I'm meddling with his business. Stepped into the kitchen gazed around me. Took my phone from my pocket. I know this is a mistake, but these women need a Queen, and I'm their voice. "Arabella, I'm not in the mood for you right now." Isn't that the truth? "I need to talk to you about a few things." Demanding his attention.

The phone went quiet for a second. "What could you possibly want to talk about?" "I'm at the brothel." Not giving me the chance to finish he butts in. "Arabella, are you fucking serious right now?" "Deadly serious," I reply. "You got some nerve to fucking turn up at one of my brothels without being announced. We do not just show up. The girls have clients." He is shouting down the phone at me. "Perhaps, if you paid attention and listen to what I have to say, you wouldn't be so far up your own fucking arse." "Don't you dare speak to me that way? Fuck you, Arabella." He slams the phone down on me. That went well.

Looked up at the girls who are staring at me. I smiled. All I'm trying to do is be a Queen. Whatever I do is always wrong. He wanted me to dress up for an event, I did that, and that was wrong. What am I meant to do? "Would you like a cuppa?" One of the girls asks. "Please." Pull the chair out from the table to sit. Some of the girls sit with me. "Why are you here?" One girl asks. "To be honest, I got bored being at home. I have no one to sit and talk too." "You can always talk to us." Place my hands on my lap. "You are too kind." A girl places a cup on the table for me.

Gaze at the cup, wondering why I am here. "I should make a move. I have someplace I need to be." Smiling at them, I stand to leave. Sit in my car when my mobile rings. "Dante. I haven't got time now." "Get yourself back to the house now. I will fucking deal with you when I get home." So, demanding of him. "I have somewhere I need to be." I hang up, start the car and drive off.

*****

Pulled up to Kye's place. I hadn't been here since I cleaned up. Glanced at the door of the house. Opened the car door to step out. Locked the car up. Took a deep breath, pulled my hoodie over my head, and strolled up to the door. Knocked. A tall guy answers. "Yes, what do you want dude." Scan around me to make sure no one saw me. "Need to see Kye." He opens the door a little wider. Step inside to smell weed plus the smell of meth.