CHAPTER ELEVEN

D A N T E  P O V

Two weeks had passed, and Arabella is still in the hospital. The doctors wouldn't release her because of her condition. They wanted her to stay another week, but that was not going to happen. I am not leaving my Queen at the hospital when there were death threats on her life. 

Tony had already chased down two men for trying to get into her room. Not taking any chances, I had her moved to the house against the doctors advise. She is home where she is protected night and day, plus I could take care of her.

Stood in the room watching her sleep with the drip giving her fluids. I hired a nurse to take care of her, making sure she is comfortable. Knelt on the floor, take her hand, she tilts her head to glance at me. "Dante, why didn't you let them take me? Let them finish me," Holding her hand between both of mine. "You are my wife," She shakes her head, her eyes glaze with tears. "Arabella, do you remember the first time we met?" Her lips curl, her face lights up, her beauty excelled.

She reaches to me to place her palm on my cheek. "How could I forget? When I pinned you to the trunk of the tree?" We laughed. "That summer I had the amazing time hanging with your brother, and then my eyes stared at you. You stood in front of me with your hair in knots from rolling around. Your jeans had holes on the knees with grass stains. Your face was dirty, but you looked beautiful," Her palm still on my cheek. "I thought you were a gladiator. I pinned you to the tree because I thought you were going to hurt my brother. I had no idea who you were and that you were Valentino's best mate," We laughed.

We stare deep into each other's eyes. "Arabella, I'm trying to tell you something," I'm struggling to tell her how I feel. "Dante, if you are trying to tell me my fate, just say it," Shake my head. "You got it all wrong. I have feelings for you," She moves her hand from my cheek, tilts her head to look away from me. "Dante," She turns her head, our eyes meet. 

We gaze deeply at each other. "How could you have feelings for me when I have disrespected you? I have disobeyed you," I rise to my feet to sit on the edge of the bed. Take her left hand to stare at her wedding ring. "I know why we married, and I know the reason you said yes," Take a deep breath. "I married you for all the wrong reasons, but over the last three months, something triggered deep inside me," I tell her. 

She slowly sits up, resting her hand on my chest. "Are you trying to tell me you love me after all these months? After what I have done to you?" Her voice is calm. "I guess." My words are not coming out, they sound so different in my mind.

She laughs at me. "Arabella, this is hard enough. Please." She smirks. "Dante, you are my king and my husband. You are a feared man, but I can't understand why you are finding it so hard to tell me your true feelings." Close my eyes for a few seconds, thinking about what she had said. 

Mind you, she has a point. I'm the Mafia Boss, and I'm feared, but yet I find it hard to tell her I love her. "Arabella, you are not helping me," Her smirk makes me smile. "Would it make you feel better if I told you I love you too?" Frowning at her, but all she does is smiles. Is she playing me? Or is she telling me the truth?

Now my feelings are mixed. Why the hell did she do this to me? "Don't mess with me?" I tell her. She shakes her head, snakes her arms around my neck, pulling me close to her lips. We kissed and carried on kissing. It felt so different from the times before. 

We are kissing with love, a sensation taking over my core. "Arabella, I love you," She cups my cheeks. "I love you too, but that doesn't mean I will change the way I am." She made me laugh. She is a fireball, full of rage that is ready to explode. "I need to rest," She slides down into the bed and pulls the quilt over her. Kiss her then leave.