Chapter Fifteen

~~~Time Skip To A Couple Days Before The Final Big Football Game~~~

Over the past couple of months Shawn and I get to know each other a lot better, and our families are spending a lot of time together... And I think both Mrs. Winters and my mom think I have a crush on Shawn.

'Oh my goodness! Why do women have to be so nosey all the time?!'  My conscience says in a tone of disapproval, 'You better not become like that when you're older!'  She warns me.

'I absolutely will not! Besides I just do not fit the stereotype most people like that have. You know the blond hair and middle aged... Well, Karen.'  As you could probably tell I'm a brunette teenager. Not a blond, and definitely not middle aged.

Today is Christmas and the first snowfall hasn't even happen yet. Yes I know, this is kind of kinda depressing, but what can you do? We can't control the weather!

"So, Willow are you excited for the last football game of the season?" Mrs. Winters asks while we are sitting at the table eating our Christmas meals.

Oh yeah, that's new too! I've been going to a lot of school sports games and you could say  I have some more friends! Let's not forget that Mrs. Winters is now bald, and she looks awesome! She looks like such a rebel now, and I love it!

"Definitely! I hope West High wins!" I pump up my fist while Shawn does the same thing.

"And we will hopefully win by a landslide!" Shawn states hopefully.

So yeah, that's how my Christmas break goes by! You have no idea how sweet Mrs. and Mr. Winters are! They are absolute angels along with Shawn and Meli of course!

"Did you finish your song?" Meli asks me happily.

'Shoot! Meli that was supposed to be a secret and surprise!' My conscience groans.

Mom begins by saying, "Ooh! What new song honey?" My mom and Mrs. Winters look at me expectantly for an answer. Even Shawn and Mr. Winters look at me curiously!

"Ummm, it's good I guess." I mumble.

"Can we hear it?" Mrs. Winters looks at me, her eyes full with hope.

"Soon. It's almost finished. Just a couple finishing touches to be made, and you'll hear me play it at the concert!" I grin widely.

"Nice! I cannot wait! From what Meli keeps telling me, you're amazing!" Mrs. Winters claps her hands together.

"She just won't stop talking about when you played for her a couple months ago! She just keeps practicing her violin!" Mr. Winters exclaims, "She's so good for just beginning, and we both just want to thank you for always being there to help her!"

That's new as well, but an expected thing that is happening to Meli! She is starting to play the violin and I'm one of her teachers! I signed up to volunteer teaching the little kids at the local elementary school.

"Wow, that's amazing! How far along are you?!" You see Meli wanted to play, Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi, and who was I to say 'no.'

"I'm so close to being able to play half!" She grins, "But memorizing is kinda hard."

"Yeah it is, and that's fine! After all, practice makes perfect!" I laugh, while relating to her. Memorizing all the music is hard!

And so, that is how our Christmas dinner together continues! It's such a big change from mom picking up extra hospital shifts and me staying home alone! Mom is happier and I think she is accepting the loss of my dad. There are bad days and good days with mom, but don't we all have good or bad days?

"So, Everly how are you and Mark going? Still going strong?" Mr. Winters smiles.

Ooh yeah! My mom has a boyfriend! He's a doctor at the hospital and his name is Mark! My mom and Mark are literally the cutest couple ever! They are just too cute!

"He's amazing! He's just so amazing I cannot even put it into words!" My mom looks lost in thought.

"So Shawn, how is your volunteering at the local animal shelter going?" I ask him quietly.

"Pretty good! I love volunteering there! It's just so much fun! It makes me want to start my own business preferably in mathematics or science related fields," He replies happily.

Yes, Shawn is volunteering at the local animal shelter! It's a change! He has been talking about starting his own business after football for a while now! But, he doesn't want just one business... No, he wants a chain of businesses that help and research for sicknesses. For example, Cancer and that's amazing because he wants to help others like his mom.

"Mrs. Winters, how is your vacation planning going?!" I smile widely.

"It's going extremely well, and guess what?" She bounces in her seat.

"What?" Everyone around the table asks at the same time.

"Well, I have decided that I'm bringing all of you with me on vacation! Since it's my wish I'm using, I decided to make the most of it!" When she finished we all just stared at her in shock, "Oh and Mark is coming!"

"Eeeekkkk!" My mom squeals and tackles Jenny for a hug!

"YES!" Shawn and Meli tackle me into a hug while Mr. Winters kisses his wife after helping her get back up. We all laugh and that's how our small talk continues.

"I can't believe we're all going!" Shawn exclaims like a kid on Christmas... Well, we are kids, and it is Christmas soooooo, I guess he has the right to be acting like that.

And that's how the rest of Christmas dinner went all together! Some small talk, things that were happening in our lives, new things, old things, and changes!

Speaking of old things, Annabell has gotten a lot more nosy. She's been spreading rumors about me and Shawn, and pretending like I took 'her' boyfriend. Like what?! But anyways Shawn gave in and dated her for a while until she cheated on him! CHEATED! What?! She went running to him but then cheated on him, and got this... She denied it! Both of us saw them in the janitors closet when we were asked to get some spray (since a kid threw up), and they were eating each other's faces off (them as in Annabell and this other kid)! But, I don't know what's happening anymore.

After Christmas dinner we end up deciding that we should part ways as we will probably see each other the next day, or the next day after that.

I go to sleep after adding to my Orchestra song, and I was feeling such happiness and fulfillment that night. Meeting Shawn is one of the best things that has happened to me, and I'm so grateful for having such a good friend like him.

Geez, I think we are all just waiting for Shawn and Willow to un-friendzone the other! The next chapter is the Epilogue, so get ready for an awesome ending! I'm so sad but so happy to come an ending to this book because now I can focus on my other book, The Secrets of Autumns Peak! So please check that story out! 

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow if you're in the mood!

Love you guys,

Goldie