Chapter Five

"Mr. Hale?" I hear my voice echo across the room.

"Hale?" Shawn coughs.

"What did I just walk in on?" He sighs.

And that's when we decide to tell Mr. Hale the whole story. Start to finish.

"Hold up. Davids believed it?!" Mr. Hale asks in shock.

"Yeah! We were shocked too! Sorry for saying this but your cousin sucks at being a principal." I admit sheepishly.

"Yeah, I know." Mr. Hale affirms.

"You do?" Shawn asks.

"Yup, he only got the role of principal because of my mom. My mom had to help him get the job." He reveals.

"Wait. Why didn't your mom help you get the job?" I inquire curiously.

"That's a story for a different time, Mrs. Violets just wanted me to tell Shawn that she sorted out you being here for the first hour today instead of with Mr. Higgens." Mr. Hale finishes.

"Okay. Why couldn't Mrs. Violets just tell me that?" Shawn questions.

"Something came up," He pauses, "lets just say currently Mrs. Violets is being flown out of the country."

"What?" Shawn and I ask at the same time.

"You heard me. I can't reveal any more information about this." Mr. Hale walks out the door, and meanwhile Shawn and I are gaping at him in shock.

"Do you know what just happened?" I turn to look at Shawn.

"No idea." Shawn responds.

"Is Mrs. Violets in the Mafia?" I ask paling.

"I doubt it, she's too kind and empathetic for that... Probably a family emergency," he replies.

"She has family outside of the U.S.?" I keep on questioning.

"Yeah in Venice, Italy and the UK... Her family has a ton of money. An Italian restaurant in Italy, and a fashion line in the UK." Shawn responds.

"Really? When did she tell you about that?" I mutter curiously. I've been with her all day every day for a while and she never told me this...

"Well, I overheard her talking on the phone with a family member and I asked her and she told me. She won't keep it a secret but she won't outright tell you." He finishes.

"Oh," I sit down on a flimsy plastic chair, "too bad about the gelato." I mutter sadly just thinking about all of the gelato that I won't be able to eat.

"We can still go if you want." Shawn offers.

"Really?" I open my eyes wide, "Do you really mean it?"

"Yes," he laughs, "your expression was so cute!"

Just as I am about to respond, the bell rings so loudly that I almost have a heart attack.

"I have to get to my second hour now, meet me at the football field after practice!" He starts walking out of the room.

"Okay!" I call out after him.

"See you Willow!" He says and disappears from my line of vision.

"Bye Shawn." I say and I turn around and picking up my violin.

"Willow?" Mr. Hale calls from outside the door.

"Yeah? What are you doing here?" I turn around and I see him sitting in Mrs. Violets' olive green desk chair.

'Wow he's fast!' I silently think to myself.

"I'm filling in for Mrs. Violets until she comes back, which is right before your lunch." He relaxes into the chair.

"Are you even qualified to be teaching Orchestra?" I ask.

"Yeah I've been in Orchestra for five years while I was in school and I have you to help me!" He grins.

I just hum in response.

"Now show me what you've got!" He shouts.

"Okay." I start heading over to the sheet music piles but Hale stops me.

"Not those songs!" He groans, "I've heard those thousands of times!"

"Then what song do you want me to play?" I retort.

"One of the new ones I brought in with me." He points to Mrs. Violets' freshly printed papers he probably brought in (like he said).

"But I haven't looked at those, let alone practiced them!" I remind him.

"I know, just practice here." He tells me.

'Oh well, I guess we're going to that.' My conscience groans.

"Okay." I sigh in defeat.

***************************************************************************************************************

"Nope. You held that rest too long. It was supposed to be held for eight counts. Not ten." Mr. Hale points at the sheet music while sitting in the plastic chair next to me.

"Oh." I groan, "And this is why I do all this at home." I remind him.

"Just keep playing the song," he rolls his eyes.

I play the first note and he stops me, "That's a low two, not a regular two."

"Ughhhhh!" I put down my violin, "I think I need a break. I've mastered five songs across five class periods and my brain is mush!" I rub my temples.

"You're-" He gets cut off.

"Hale! Are you pushing my star student too hard?" Mrs. Violets jokes from the door.

"Thank the heavens you're back! I don't think I could have handled another, 'Stop you're pinky isn't reaching the right spot,' speech from Mr. H!" I lean back in my chair, "I would rather hear it from you."

"Excuse me?!" Mr. Hale fakes an offended expression, "I just taught you five songs and this is how you thank me?" He pretends to fake faint for a couple seconds.

"Please excuse him," Mrs. Violets snaps her fingers in his face, "Get a grip H!"

"Can't I have my dramatic moments?" He mutters.

"No," she replies and then turns towards me.

"It's almost your lunch time. You can start heading out now and that'll count as your break while the hallways are not crowded." She pats my head gently.

"Okay, I'll see you later!" I wave to Mr. Hale, and Mrs. Violets and I head out into the hallway.

'Bless her soul for thinking about our introverted selves.' My mind adds in.

After walking to my locker to get my lunch, I start heading to the lunch room.

"I guess I'll be first today for lunch! I think I won't have any trouble." I mumble to myself.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" That annoying, squeaky, immensely recognizable voice screeches.

I immediately recognize the voice... I mean, it really isn't that hard.

'Well, I guess you spoke too soon!' My conscience taunts.

I sigh as I turn around only to find Annabell standing there just like I anticipated.

Soooooooo, Annabell again! I decided to write more of her because you guys didn't tell me what you thought of her so I assumed you wanted more! What do you think is going to happen? Fight or Willow somehow dodging it? Shawn and Willow.... Thoughts?

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow if you want!

Love you guys,
Goldie