Chapter Four

[Little Recap]

"Yeah," he sighs, "I'll actually tell you right now if you want?" He offers.

"Go for-" I am cut off by Mrs. Violets who quite frankly I forgot is here, and according to Shawn's reaction he forgot about her too.

"Hey you guys? I'm going to go and get some things I printed from the printing room, okay? Stay in here please," she informs us quickly.

"Okay, sure," Shawn replies right as I answer, "No problem."

"Great!" She walks out of the Orchestra room and towards the printing room (which is a room that students are forbidden to enter, but they enter it anyways...  Along with the teachers lounge... But I did not just tell you that).

"Well, when you said you should do things that make you happy I agree with that. But sometimes you should not or you just can't do that. My mom has cancer. More specifically she has stage three breast cancer and she's only getting worse." Shawn takes a deep breath in.

"Oh," I have no idea what to say back to that.

"That was my reaction when she told us first," he sighs, "and we're knee high in bills so I have to get a job to help pay for them. And football would pay me extremely well."

"So that way you could probably pay everything off for your parents at once," I finish sadly.

"Yeah so if it comes down to making a decision, I am obligated to choose football to help my family." He decides with finality lacing his voice.

"I understand that." I say while walking over to get my violin.

"What do you mean," he asks curiously.

"I'll tell you when we go out for gelato when I win the bet!" I smile cheekily.

"Okay, but if you don't play well you still have to tell me! Right?" He pleads.

"We'll see..." I end mysteriously.

"Noooo! Why Willow?! You-" I cut him off by starting to play the song he chose.

'Have I played this song?' I think to myself. My bow motions and comprehension is way too fast for me not to have played this song before in my past...

Before I can even fathom how I know this, I already reach the end of the song. I look up to see Alex staring at me, his mouth wide open.

"Wow," he breaths.

"Do I know this song?" I wonder out loud, and I don't expect a reply from anybody.

"You do, it's the first song you have ever learned to play with me." Mrs. Violets pops her head back into her classroom while holding a huge stack of printed papers.

"Really?" I ask, my eyes flashing briefly with recognition of the song.

"Yes, but you only made one tiny mistake." She pauses, "That F was sharp at the end. You attempted the sharp, but it wasn't quite right." She puts all the papers on her mahogany desk.

"Hah!" Shawn grins.

"Darn it!" I groan while glaring at Shawn.

"But you did so well! Don't stress it!" Mrs. Violets comforts me, "After all it has been a while since you played the song."

"Okay," I grumble. I'm so disappointed in myself right now! Shawn and I might not be able to get gelato now!

"Okay then, I need to go and talk to Mr. Lee (the band teacher) so I'll be back in a second." She's half way out the door when I remember something.

"NO WAIT!" I shout running towards the door as she spins around.

"Yes?" She looks at me expectantly.

"Why do you have fake blood in your room?" I ask (this was probably the question everyone was asking themselves all night).

"Oh," she laughs, "funny story, I'll tell you when I get back," she leaves us on a cliffhanger.

"That's what I was going to ask her too, but it just slipped my mind," Shawn comes up from behind me and rests his head on my shoulder, which is a bit too close for my liking.

I spin around and back away from him a bit, "What are you doing?" I question slowly.

"I'm going to..." he pauses, "TICKLE YOU!" He shouts and runs towards me at his full quarterback speed.

"Nooooo!" I squeal and run around the room.

He catches me eventually and tackles us both on the ground with him getting the most impact.

"No! Shawn don't you dare!" I warn him seriously.

"Too late," he shrugs, and he starts tickling me.

"Shawn!" I laugh out, "I'm super ticklish!" Right as he is about to respond we hear someone at the door.

"What in the world is happening here?" Somebody asks from the door... Wait... I know that voice...

And when I turn around to confirm my suspicions, I almost pass out... It's...

Well, I hope you guys enjoy that cliffhanger! I wonder what will happen now!? What is your favorite part of the story so far? What do you think about Mrs. Violets and the blood in her room? Strange right?

P.S. Sorry for such the short chapters and weird updating schedule! I'll try to do better!

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow if you'd like!

Love you guys,
Goldie