Chapter Thirteen

You see, last time we had guests my mom had run in all bloodstained from an obviously long hospital shift, then she walked in with a dying man while my grandma was here (poor grandma almost had a heart attack), and after that she walked in- Wait, you don't want to know.

"Hi mom!" I plaster on a smile. You see, it wasn't fake but it wasn't real. I was just waiting for the moment when she will pull out one of her embarrassing mom cards.

"Hi sweetie! Are the Winters here yet?" She questions curiously.

"Hello!" Mrs. Winters comes around the corner.

"Oh my goodness Jenny!" My mom squeals and runs over to her.

'Hunh. I don't see blood, dead people, dying people, or- NOPE! That would scar anyone for life!' My conscience tries to suppress those memories but... It doesn't work.

"Hi Everly! How are you doing? TOM! Everly is here!" Mrs. Winters talks in a calm voice until she has to call for Tom. Let us just say that my hearing is permanently damaged. [I'm being sarcastic].

"Coming!" After he rounds the corner he exclaims, "Jenny! How are you doing?"

"Same old same old. Busy shifts at the hospital. Sorry for the mess." My mom smiles sheepishly.

"No, no! That is not a mess. Visit our house and Meli will teach you the art of mess making." Mr. Winters jokes with us.

"How about Meli, Shawn, and Willow go to the she shed and we can stay in the living room. Is that okay?" Mom asks.

"YES!" Meli runs around the corner and snaches my hand, "We can play together!" She grins.

"And what will Shawn do?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"He will just eat all the food, because that's what he always does." She shrugs.

"I do not do that!" Shawn appears and all of us are now in the foyer.

"Yes you do." Mr. Winters states, and Mrs. Winters smacks his head, "I mean, behave yourselves kids."

Meli, Shawn, and I snicker. Each of us receive glares from our mothers and we shut our mouths.

"Ummmmm... We'll be going outside to the shed now." I back away, hands up like I was dealing with a wild animal, and then all three of us run out laughing.

"You're fun! I like you!" Meli adorably smiles, and I just notice that very noticeable teeth were missing. The good old days when the tooth fairy was 'real.'

"Well guess what?" I widen my eyes at her.

"What?" She widens her eyes as well.

"I like you too, and you're awesome!" We both high-five the other and grin.

"Okay, lets go to the shed now." I hear Shawn groan.

"Sure, come on guys!" And we go to the shed.

***************************************************************************************************************

I play with Meli while true to her word all Shawn does is eat the food. Eventually we got him to play with us both but now all of us are tired out. So, we decide to just talk.

"Willow?" Meli asks after finishing her eighth cookie.

'Her mom will not be happy with any of us!' My conscience scolds.

'Oh just shut it!' I reply while I reply to Meli a bit differently, "Yes Miss Meli?"

"What do you love doing? We played games, and that's what I love doing, so what do you like?" She tilts her head sideways while Shawn sits up as well.

"Well I love spending time with family and friends, I love reading, and I love watching romantic comedies." I explain.

"Am I your friend?" Meli looks at me patiently.

"Of course! You might even be my best friend!" I grin.

"Willow, you have one more thing you love doing that you didn't list!" Shawn looks at me expectantly.

"And what is that?" I question.

"Oh I don't know, only more than half of your school day is based around it." Shawn sarcastically remarks.

It takes me a second to think of it, which I'm embarrassed to admit, "Orchestra?" It ended up being a question instead of a statement.

"Mm-hmm" Shawn agrees.

"Yeah! I play the violin! Do you play any instruments Meli?" I ask.

"No, but you play the violin!? That's so cool! I want to hear you play before we leave! I've always wanted to play the violin!" Poor little Meli runs out of breath and I'm shocked she lasts that long!

"Yes, I do play the violin and I can play something before you leave. And I think that it's so cool that you want to play the violin too! You'll be amazing!" I compliment.

"You think so?" She looks unsure.

"Definitely! Shawn and I will help you! Shawn can play some background cello music and we'll play on our violins!" I exclaim.

"That sounds fun!" Meli smiles, "Can we go inside so you can play your violin for me?" She pouts adorably.

"Okay, fine!" I give in after a while, she is impossible to say 'no' too.

"Yayyyyyy!" She runs inside only to be met by my mom.

"Oh, hi kids! The Winters are leaving in about 45 minutes so make the most of your time!" My mom advises.

"We will! We're just going to go up to my room because Meli wants to hear me play my violin. Afterwards we might watch a movie." We start making our way up the stairs.

"Okay, but no romantic comedies with little Meli around!" She yells.

"I know mom!" I reach the top of the stairs after Meli and Shawn, "My room is the last room down on the right." I lead the way.

When we get to my room Shawn heads for the couch and Meli jumps on my bed, "Play, play, play, play!" Meli chants.

"Okay! I'm going!" I grab my violin and bow from my desk and I play the first song that comes to me which is; Someone You Loved (By: Lewis Capaldi).

I sway to the beat while hitting each lyric adding in a sharp, flat, pause, rest, pizzicato, arco, or different note where I feel it is necessary. When I am done, Meli and Shawn's mouths were wide open.

"I totally need you as my violin teacher," Meli looks at me in awe, "That was sooooo good! Amazing!" She starts clapping.

"Wow!" Shawn shakes his head and starts clapping.

"You guys are too kind, do you want to watch a movie now?" I mainly look at Meli.

"Sure! Can we watch Hannah Montana?" Meli looks at me hopefully.

"Yeah we can." I put Hannah Montana on and we all sit on the couch, and I sit next to Shawn.

"You were absolutely amazing! Your interpretation of the song is stunning and special!" Shawn whispers so he doesn't disturb Meli.

"Thank you so much!" I whisper back.

And that's how our next 45 minutes went. We talk about a lot of stuff we didn't know about the other. For example, Shawn works at the local animal shelter, we both love novels, and we confide in our moms (well, my dad is gone but I can't do anything about that).

After Shawn and I just talk and get to know each other better, I think I might like Shawn...

Ooooh! Willow finally admitted to liking Shawn! *Girly Squeal* Does Shawn like her back? What does Shawn's family think of Willow? Vote, Comment and Share if you feel like it.

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow if you want to make me happy!

Love you guys,
Goldie