Chapter Fourteen

After Shawn, Meli, Jenny, and Tom left, mom and I had dinner.

"So, how do you like the Winters?" My mom asks over spaghetti.

"They are amazing! Such a nice family!" I grin.

"I agree! I'm assuming you know what is going on with Jenny?" Mom's expression takes over as one of pure and utter sadness.

"Shawn told me before." I look down at my food, "How is she?"

"Okay. She is as good as she can be with breast cancer," my mom says.

I say nothing, but for the remainder of dinner we talk about school, her work, and some plans we're making to go on vacation over the summer.

"Can I be excused? I still have some work to do, and I'm full." I question.

"Of course! I'll be home tomorrow to make you breakfast, so  what would you like?" She asks.

"Chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and blueberries!" I exclaim. That was one of the meals we always had when I was a kid... And when dad was alive.

"Okay sweetie," my mom takes a couple of deep breaths and I run up to hug her.

"I miss him too mom," I choke back a sob.

"I know honey, both of us do," she says and we just stay there wrapped in each other's arm until her phone rings.

"Okay honey, go do any work you have to do. I'll be in my room reading a novel." She ushers me off as she answers her call.

I get upstairs and I go and do my work, after an hour I was done and it was 7 p.m.

"Wow, that was fast!' My conscience says impressed and that's when I hear something coming from my window.

"What was that?" I whisper to myself.

'Probably just a tree branch.' The smart and reasonable side of me jumps in. But, there's still a side of me that doesn't believe my reasonable side. This is the side that one character had in a horror movie that gets everyone into trouble. For example, nobody wants to enter the haunted hospital but Bob convinces everyone to enter. Really?! Where's your common sense?!

'Just check and quickly come back. It's sunset so you can just whip your window back shut if there's any stranger danger.' One side of me says, and apparently I just cannot resist.

So I whip my window open only to be met by Shawn throwing pebbles at my window. He gestures for me to open my window, and I do so.

"Hi!" He says after I open my window.

"Ummm, hi? What are you doing?" I ask him.

"I wanted to talk with you," Shawn jumps over his window and I close my eyes.

"I'm fine! Open your eyes!" True to his word, when I open my eyes I'm met with an alive looking Shawn.

"What are you trying to accomplish with all this?" I laugh lightly.

"Like I said before, I wanna talk with you," and with that he jumps. And when I say jumps, I mean jumps.

I squeal and I close my eyes for the second time, "You do know that I was a gymnast before, so I'm kinda a pro at not landing on my face." Shawn grins at my reaction.

"You're not funny," I pout.

"Awwwww Willow, I'm sorry," he apologizes.

"Just tell me what you're planning to do." I request.

"You know what, I'll just show you." He proceeds to climb the ledge of my house.

'What is going on in this guys head?' My conscience says in a disbelieving tone.

'I don't even know,' I look down at Shawn curiously.

He then climbed up the house, (with glances from me that were practically screaming, 'You are going to fall down!') and he made it up and climbed up into my room.

"Ummmm, what is the reason you're doing all this?" I question.

"I want to spend more time with you." He grins.

"Shawn, Shawn, Shawn," I say to him.

"What?" He says defensively.

"You do know you could have gone through the front door right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know, I just wanted to be unique," he smiles cheekily at me.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and sit on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next hour or too, Shawn and I just hang out. We watch a romantic comedy (my favorite movie genre), and an action movie (one of Shawn's favorite genres). Throughout the movies we talk about special effects and dynamics (for our Orchestra conversation), and for a normal conversation we just talk about our past and future.

After Shawn leaves I decide to read one of my favorite books, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. I was curled up in bed reading when my mom came in with two cups of hot cocoa.

"Hey sweetie, I just thought you might wanna talk. Like we used to do," she says handing me my hot cocoa.

"That would be nice," I take a sip of my hot cocoa. It was perfectly on the hot side.

"Really?" She smiles.

"Yeah, what should we talk about today?" I get ready by sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce.

"Let's take out the cards, shall we?" She pulls out a stack of cards that have conversation topics on it.

Both of us take a card and each said:

1. 'Share something from your day.'

And...

2. 'Share something that's bothering you.'

We already talked about our day, so we decided to share with the other what was bothering us.

"I'll start. Well, there is this one patient at the hospital and he is horrible! He's in critical condition, and it's like he doesn't even care for his own life! I'm bothered because everyone should value their life. They should cherish it!" She exclaims.

"What is his reasoning, if he told you? And if he didn't tell you, what do you think his reasoning is?" I question.

"I don't know, and I don't even want to think about it!" She replies, "Your turn!" She smiles.

"Well, I don't know how I feel about someone, and it's bothering me! I don't know how they feel and I don't know how I feel!" I put my head in my hands for a moment then brought it back up, "What should I do?" I groan.

"Personally, I would figure out how I feel first. When I figure that out and let's say you like them, I would tell them." My mom smiles at me knowingly.

"But what if they don't feel the same way?" I look at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Just go for it! You live once, and life is too short to always beat around the bush!" She offers, "Jenny told me that."

While I contemplate my options, my mom takes the now empty hot cocoa cup and she says, "It's up to you, but you might regret not trying," and then she walks off.

I fall asleep thinking about what the future will bring and what it holds. I like Shawn, I really do, but I'm not sure whether or not he feels the same way...

Hello Goldies! That's what I'm calling you guys now! But I have some good and bad news... This book is coming to a stop in about 2-3 more chapters and I'm super sad! I have enjoyed writing, reading, and editing this book and for you guys to have gotten it this far really means a lot to me! But anyways just comment about anything you wanna say!

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow but of course I cannot force you.

Love you Goldies,
Goldie