19: Really Needed that Today

[POV - Canada]

I heard a *ding coming from my phone. I looked down at my screen and saw a text from my brother, he said he was going to 'stay the night here', which I knew was his code for 'I'm going to get laid, you can go do what you want'.

I sighed and looked up to scan the room. Everyone was standing around a large table, playing beer pong. Every time someone would make it the room would get twenty times louder with sounds of 'AYYYYE' and 'OHHH'.

It hurt my ears to stay in the same room as these people but I couldn't leave because, even more people were blocking the hallways. I just moved to the side of the room and leaned against the wall with a cup of beer in my hands. Most of the people here are legal but, you can pretty easily find the underage students that just came to be with their older friends. One country I know was forced to come was Germany.

I've been standing here keeping an eye on anyone I found interesting and he landed on my radar. I don't know who brought him, but I could tell he was looking for them to take him home. It reminded me of a meme that's like "Mom come pick me up I'm scared," It made me chuckle so, I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. Me and him used to be friends but we lost touch when I moved to the United Kingdom with my family.

He jumped at the sudden cold touch of my fingers, but slowly calmed down and smiled when he realized who I was. He pulled me into a tight hug, and was smiling from ear to ear, I hugged back "Hallo Kanada! Haven't seen you in a while, heh, you enjoying the party? Its fun isn't it!"

He looked nervous, as if he was still looking for someone, but kept a smile on his face. He kept making smalltalk and I tried to look as relaxed as possible, to my surprise It actually worked to relax him.

I hummed a yes to almost all of his questions and he melted his head onto my shoulder, I heard him murmur "You know how much of a bitch you are," I hummed a yes again and gave a breathy laughed at his defeat. He sucks at lying when it comes down to his feeling.

"Ok, what's wrong?" I asked quietly, Germany looked up at me and sighed "Well, I-I tried to, um, make friends with this one, very s-specific person and, um, he sorta... He left me alone here. I tried to text and call him but he hasn't picked up and-" "Who's this person you wanted to become friends with?" I abruptly asked, knowing the answer. He blushed, but you could barely tell because, the lights in the room changed to a dark neon red. He lifted his circle lens glasses up his nose and looked back to me, "It's, um err, P-Poland" I knew it.

I took another sip of my drink and nodded, looking away then back at him with my head tilted "Wow, you guys are finally friends?" Germany's finger was tapping on his cup and seemed jittery. He kept trying to answer my question but fell short every time. He rubbed the back of his head and started again "Well yeah, I would say we're f-friends. He's a little distant at times b-but I think that's just his personality,"

I stayed silent and kept sipping, Germany looked around the room until he saw someone that caught his eye, I thought it was maybe Poland "Oh Kanada, I'll be right back, wait here please," he walked away and passed a few countries so I couldn't see where he went. I just leaned my head back on the wall and closed my eyes. I was tired and the loud music around me began to sound normal.

"Hey! okok, I want you to meet my new friend Kanada," I quickly opened my eyes and shot my head forward to see who was around. I looked down to my German friend and the person he was trying to introduce me too. To my surprise when I looked down to his friend I was met with a stomach and had to tilt my head up for once.