Is that why?

A/N: Of course it didn't.

If you look close enough, you can see my writing style begin to cripple and change... for the worse.

"Are you nervous?" Killua had asked one particularly warm evening. It was the day after Meruem was to be suspended for two weeks and Gon was planning to ask Komugi out.

Tiredly, he responds. "No. I'm... hopeful. I hope she says yes."

The Zoldyck shuffles in place and lays on his side. "But you know better... right? You know she won't say yes, I mean."

"So what?"

He pauses before answering. "So, this is pointless."

"No, it's not. I'll keep asking her until she says yes. It's as simple as that."

"So you plan on holding her poor sanity hostage—"

"Shut it, Killua." Gon barks, "She'll say yes eventually, trust me."

"Sure."

They lazily hop off the grass and walk back to campus. As the blades of leaves crumble beneath them, orange and bright, Killua spots Zushi in the corner, rushing towards him.

"K-Killua!" He pants, taking a small look at Gon. Killua watches as Zushi shivers under his gaze, getting an awful feeling.

"Hey, cut it out Gon. He's a freshman, not to mention a dude—"

"I don't think he's hitting on me, Killu—"

Zushi stills. Killua spares Gon a glance and rolls his eyes at his eager smile. "You're scared of a smile?"

"H-He wasn't—"

"Welp, I gotta go." Gon interrupts, "Forgive me Killua, we'll talk at your house. Don't wait up?"

"I won't, you dick. Go away already."

"Love you!~"

Killua crosses his arms before huffing. "Piss off."

__________

Killua isn't the biggest fan of improv. In fact, he hated the class and the fact that out of all the extracurriculars in the world, his parents chose improv to increase his fast and efficient thinking. Funny enough, it did the exact opposite.

He found himself often blanking at times, wondering jesus christ why does nothing make sense here. However, his parents argue that the unpredictability of improv will help guide him through the jurassic park known as life. Killua can't help but disagree.

So you fan only imagine his frustrations as he walked home 10 minutes late after his and Gon's proposed meeting time. He wouldn't be surprised if the boy, being the smart idiot he was, left already. Seeming that he'd be insane to stay in this cold, breezy fall weather. Yet there he was at the front gate with crossed legs. His head rested against the bars while his chest rose and sunk evenly.

Killua couldn't help the skip in his heartbeat as he swooned over the sleeping sight of Gon Freecss.

He wanted nothing more than to scoop him into his arms and request a nothing prompt.

Please consider me, he wants to say. Killua stops the words from seeping from his mouth and frowns. He wants to kiss Gon, undoubtedly, however he supposes he's already done so many, many, many times. So, he shall wait for his chance.

Gently, he taps him on the shoulder and waits. Sure enough, Gon's waking up and jumping to his feet with a grin bright enough to rival the sun.

"Sorry for falling asleep!" He apologizes, hooking his bag over his shoulder. Killua begins opening the gate while he continues. "It's really nice weather during fall so I guess it was just easy to doze off. Let's go inside."