Declaration of Dependence

A/N: I'm aware it's not how independence is spelled 😼. ALSOOO, halloween oneshot is out RIGHT NOW on the little oneshot book i made. Anyways, 🤡 ik its late and thats clown shit, dont @ me. I tried making it up to yall by making two versions T-T... Gonkillu and Killugon for the people with preferences. They're both smut and pre-labeled so feel free to check those out if you're horny ig. (its smut bc Anime_HxH said so. You can thank him 😌)

____________

"Bubs, you gotta wake up at some point." Killua sighs, poking at his best friend's face with a cautious slender finger. Gon seemed to be about as dead as doorknob but he wasn't giving up. "Seriously, if you don't I'll smack you harder than he did. Jesus, I really hope you aren't in some coma."

"You wish." Gon says as he quickly sat up. However, just as fast, he's coming back down with a wince and clutching his head in loss. "Ah fuck, that hurted."

Killua huffs at his behavior. "Karma. You had me worried shitless that Meruem actually deleted some of your braincells!" He crosses his legs and smirks. "You're lucky I was smart enough to immediately take you to the nurse. You were about to get run over by dozens of instigating teenagers."

Gon only laughs at the exaggeration and rises back up slower than before. His head still felt as if a band of pain was wrapped around it but even so, it wasn't as unbearable as before. He felt relieved seeing Killua, however. So relieved, he felt compelled to smile. In response, Killua smiles awkwardly back with his hands thrown to his side.

As funny as it was, both were quite happy. Ironically, Gon had just been punched so hard, it knocked the living daylight out of him and Killua had just realized that the boy that he was a bit interested in (platonically of course) happened to be infatuated with another. Nothing like a good love triangle to start the day.

Amidst the awkward smiling and fidgeting, Killua hears the small sound of chatter whittling through his ears. That could only mean one thing.

"Fuck, it's time for—"

The bell interrupts him.

"Oh, we should..." Gon starts.

"Yeah... Uh, I guess I'll see you at our last period." He shoves his hands in his pockets and twists on his heel. "Don't get lost, baby egg. Ask for your friends for help when you need it!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine, I'm full of intelligence!"

"Well I think you're full of shit." Killua sighs, walking backwards while using his back to open the door. It's not like he wanted to go to class, he just has a particular teacher he couldn't afford to disappoint. So off he went, speed walking down the halls with wary eyes on him. Not much difference from the usual. Just another day in his junior year.

As he settles in the classroom, upon entering, he's able to spot a blonde beauty at the back of the class. The girl(?) seemed to be occupy herself with a good book he couldn't help but notice. Who doesn't love a good James Patterson novel? Especially when it was a rather popular work that had many theories concerning the plot twist.

After meeting Gon and actually somehow maintaining a stable relationship, he figures maybe it's not so hard to create fun friendships that would evidently make his experience at school a hell of a lot better. Especially since it was apparent that Gon wasn't going to be in all of his classes. He had to do something to keep him entertained.