75). Return of the Army

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Dumbledore... thank you." I said to him. "You did save our lives twice. Kept an eye on us in that mirror. That doesn't seem like someone who's given up, does it?"

"She's coming back!" Hermione said as we looked as we eyed the portrait. "And she's got someone with her!"

"Who's that with her?" Ron asked as the portrait opened to reveal who Ariana brought with her. "Bloody hell..."

It was none other than Neville Longbottom, who had a black eye and a couple bruises but a smile was still on his face.

"I knew you'd come!" He said with that smile. "I told them all! Harry Potter, Y/N Lovegood, and Lana Lovegood would never abandon Hogwarts!"

Y/N POV

"Neville, you look..." Harry said as Neville jumped out of the portrait, showing off his clothes torn, a gashed face, and long hair.

"Like hell? I reckon." He said. "This is nothing. Seamus is worse. You'll see. Y/N! Lana! Hermione! Ron!" He then hugged us all.

"We heard the news," He said. "Thank Merlin Umbridge is done."

"Oh yeah," I chuckled. "Hope we get pardoned off that. I don't want to be convicted of a crime, when it was really self-defense, before I get married, do I?"

Neville looked confused for a minute as Hermione took my hand and told him. "Y/N and I are engaged, Neville." She said with a smile. Neville grinned again and smiled widely. "Congratulations!" He said and hugged us again. "I reckon the Gryffindors will go nuts when they hear. Hey, Ab. There might be a couple more people on the way." He turned back to us and led us in the portrait hole.

"Well, ready?" He asked as we nodded. As they went in, Hermione took my hand and looked into my eyes.

"Once more into the breach?" I asked her.

"Allons-y," She answered and kissed my lips as we helped each other into the hidden passage.

As Neville led us through the passage, we looked through the tunnel taking us who knows where. "I don't remember this being on the Marauder's Map." Ron said.

"That's because it never existed till now," Neville explained. "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."

"How bad is it, Neville?" Hermione asked him. "With Snape as Headmaster?"

"Hardly ever see him," he said. "It's the Carrows you have to watch out."

"You mean the Death Eaters appointed for Dark Arts?" Lana asked.

"Exactly," Neville said. "Brother and sister. They're in charge of discipline. Like punishment, the Carrows." He pointed to a gash on his face.

"They did that to you?" Neville said. "But why?"

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse." Neville said. "On First Years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed."