Chapter 40: The First Task

Y/N POV

"Are you mad!?!" Hermione yelled. "Who even brought a bloody Peruvain Vipertooth?!" She was furious, her anger even matched mine at Malfoy's.

"Miss Granger, please calm down," Dumbledore said. "I too, am confused as to why --"

"But they will be hurt!" Hermione argued. "Harry's going against the most dangerous dragon and Y/N and Lana are facing the most venomous! It's obvious someone is trying to hurt them!"

"Hermione," I said as she cried. "Do you want to talk about this outside? Can I talk to her outside, Professor Dumbledore?"

Dumbledore nodded as he held his hand to Crouch to stop him from protesting. I took Hermione by the hand as Lana nodded and patted Hermione's shoulder. We left the tent as Hermione held on.

"Y/N, it's j-just that," Hermione stuttered. "This is too dangerous, for all three of you, I-I-I just can't handle it."

"Hermione, we're going to be okay," I said as I held her hands. "I know it's scary, but it's what has to happen. But I want you to know this, okay?" I asked her as she nodded her head.

"When I go out there and face that dragon, I just want you to know," I said as I put my hands on her cheeks. "I'll be thinking of you. Up here," I said, taking her hand up to my head while keeping one of my hands on her cheeks.

"And in here," I said, putting her hand to my heart. "There won't be a single moment I won't be thinking of you, sweetheart."

Hermione whimpered a little and hugged me tight in her arms. "Just come back to me. I'll be in the stands cheering you, Lana and Harry on." She managed a weak smile and kissed my cheek again. She then left for the stands with Snuffles in her hands as the small Niffler seemingly waved goodbye to me sadly .

I walked back into the tent, where Dumbledore, Crouch, Lana, Harry and the other 3 champions were. Cedric was going first, then Fleur, then Krum, then Harry and then us. Since Lana and I had the same dragon, the judges decided to put both of them in the arena where the both of us would grab a Golden Egg.

"Your objective is simple," Crouch said to us. "Collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

Cedric had gone in and within 15 minutes time, the roar of the Swedish Short-Snout came out, meaning he had retrieved his egg. Fleur went in after as she smiled kindly to us before entering the arena to face the Welsh Green.

Harry, Lana and I were left inside with Krum, who looked and smirked at us. I knew what he was smirking about, and I didn't even like the idea of it. I just want to punch him in his big bald egghead-looking face. The same process for Fleur began and she had gotten her egg. Krum went after and faced the Chinese Fireball.

"Very daring!" Bagman bellowed. "That's some nerve he's showing -- and -- yes, he's got the egg!"

Kinda wish he didn't though.

It was now Harry's time to go and face the Hungarian Horntail. Before he went out, Lana hugged him and I did too.

We heard the Horntail come down as Harry faced it. It was enormous, with a spiked tail ready to smash him. Harry raised his wand and yelled, "Accio Firebolt!" Moments later, said Firebolt flew out and Harry grabbed on, making the Horntail follow him and as he ducked down, he seized his egg.

"Look at that!" Bagman said. "Will you look at that! Our youngest champion is quickest to get his egg! Well, this is going to shorten the odds on Mr. Potter!"

Then it was our time to face the Peruvian Vipertooth. As Hermione and the other students cheered, I looked to my sister and said, "You ready for the unknown?"