Chapter One: The Lovegoods

Y/N POV

I woke up to the sound of many things cluttering around in the house. I spotted the empty bed belonging to my twin sister, Lana, and I started to remember what was going to happen today.

Today, my mother, Lana and I were going to Diagon Alley to prepare for our first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

We are what's known as Half-blood wizards/witches, which is one of the more common bloodlines in the Wizarding World. Our father was a pure-blood wizard, while our mother is a half-blood witch. There are other pure-bloods, but they are more pompous and stuck-up snobs who love to talk crap about others and brag about themselves like the Malfoys. From what I knew about my father, Langden Lovegood, was that he wasn't like them.

 He respected those who weren't pure-blood, which was one of the reasons my mother, Addison Lovegood fell in love with him

He respected those who weren't pure-blood, which was one of the reasons my mother, Addison Lovegood fell in love with him. Our uncle, the brother to our father, Xenophilius Lovegood is also a pure-blood and also much like our father, who was married to another pure-blood, Pandora and had a daughter of their own named Luna, who Lana and I treat like our younger sister. Sadly, Aunt Pandora passed away when we were 10 and when Luna was 9.

But along with the pure-bloods (whether demented idiots or kind souls) were the Muggle-borns, the name due to the fact they were born to Muggle, or non-magical parents, but I think they are incredibly cool for having a place in our world and a cha...

But along with the pure-bloods (whether demented idiots or kind souls) were the Muggle-borns, the name due to the fact they were born to Muggle, or non-magical parents, but I think they are incredibly cool for having a place in our world and a chance to learn here as well.

Anyway, I got to the table with my mum and Lana to have breakfast, barely containing ourselves that we were going to Hogwarts. A couple of days ago, we got our acceptance letters, which was so exciting that I re-read the letter nearly everyday since then.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf.Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Lovegood,