75). Return of the Army

Start from the beginning

"Dumbledore trusted us," Harry said sternly. "To see this through."

What makes you think you can trust him!" Aberforth yelled. "What makes you think you can believe anything my brother told you! In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?" He pointed to the picture on the wall, who was clearly his and Albus's sister, and therefore, Mum's aunt.

 "What makes you think you can believe anything my brother told you! In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?" He pointed to the picture on the wall, who was clearly his and Albus's sister, and therefore...

Ariana Dumbledore.

"Why should he..." Harry said.

"Keep secrets!?" Aberforth yelled again. "You tell me."

"I only care about the Dumbledore we know. We trusted him."

"Did you now? And why is that?"

"I had no reason not to --"

"That's a boy's answer," Aberforth beckoned. "A boy who goes chasing Horcruxes on the word of a man who won't even tell him where to start. You're lying. Not just to me, which doesn't matter, but to yourself as well. That's what a fool does."

"You're drunk," Y/N said bluntly.

"You don't strike me as a fool, Mr. Lovegood." He said to my brother. "So I'll ask you again. There must be a reason. Why do you trust anything my brother ever said to you? Why?"

"Because he was our grandfather!" He said to Aberforth. "Grindelwald may have been ours biologically, but he had been more, regardless of him being in Nurmengard! And now both are dead and we owe to them to keep their promise. I want to live in a world without Voldemort, where I can be happy with the woman I love and raise our children together without the constant threat of the damn Death Eaters!"

Hermione had slipped her hand into Y/N and she smiled at him as Harry then spoke up. "We've lost too many people to lie down now. I'm not interested in what happened between you and your brother, I don't even care that you've given up. I trust the man I knew. I'm going to see this through. We need to get into the castle tonight."

We all nodded and looked at Aberforth. Along with that, I felt Ron's hand brush against mine as Aberforth looked at the portrait of Ariana.

"You know what to do." He said solemnly. Ariana smiled and walked further in her portrait as we looked back at Aberforth.

"Where have you seen her?" Harry and Y/N asked.

"You'll see soon enough," Aberforth grumbled with another swig.

"That's Ariana, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "Your sister. She's beautiful."

"She'll always be beautiful."

"She died very young, didn't she?" Hermione asked again.

"My brother sacrificed many things in his journey to find power, including her. She was devoted to him -- he gave her everything, but time." He looked at the empty frame.