Arc 3: Chapter 52

Start from the beginning

Paige huffed before finishing up with Elenor's injury and helping her change into another set of clothes.

"Where's Alec?" Elenor asked out of curiosity.

Paige replied while folding up the dirtied and torn dress, "He still hasn't come back."

She nodded with relief, "I see."

"Oh and Paige," Elenor called out to her before she left.

"Yes miss?"

"Please don't let this be known to anyone, especially Alec."

Paige stared at Elenor before sighing. "Alright but if this happens again I'm telling."

Elenor smiled and nodded, "Thank you!!"

Paige returned the smile before leaving her room. Elenor walked over to her bed and lied down. Fatigue was slowly seeping into her body as she fluttered her eyes shut, drifting into sleep. By the time she woke up, it was already nighttime and the moon was up in the sky twinkling brightly.

She got out of her bed and her stomach grumbled almost instantly. Elenor knew it wasn't good to snack on something in the middle of the night but her hunger kept growing as time passed.

She gave in to her hunger and quietly snuck out of her room. She headed for the kitchen but halted when she noticed a figure standing not far from where she was. Their face was covered under a black hood but she knew they made eye contact. The two stared at one another awkwardly. 

Elenor blinked, unsure of what to do now since she got caught trying to sneak into the kitchen.

"Um.." she opened her mouth but before she could say anything else the figure headed towards her.

With quick reflexes she jumped away and started running. She kicked her slippers away and ran barefooted to gain more speed. Luckily she was in her nightgown so it wasn't heavy. Elenor took a sharp left turn before bumping into a body.

Elenor nearly fell back due to the momentum but was caught in between sturdy arms that wrapped around her waist. She looked up to see a familiar face she would see everyday.

"Why are you out so late?" Alec asked, his arms still holding Elenor by the waist.

Elenor tried to get out of his hold as she spoke to him,

"I was hungry so I wanted to eat something-" she paused before remembering why she was running, quickly she warned Alec-

"There's someone chasing after me!"

When Elenor said that, the figure finally caught up. Alec pushed her behind his back and faced the figure upfront. Without wasting a second, the figure pounced on Alec.

"Pathetic." Alec's cold voice echoed through the hallways as he easily dodged the attack and slit their throat.

The figure fell to the ground lifelessly now. Elenor glanced at the body before looking away once she saw the blood spreading all over it. It was nauseating but she had to bear with it.

This might not be the last time she will have to see this.

"An assassin. A shitty one." Alec said as he cleaned the blade he had with him before putting it back inside his coat.

"Well they didn't do a good job since I saw them." Elenor muttered, shaking her head.

"I'm going to report this to the marquess," Alec said before turning towards Elenor,

"You should head back to your room if not you will be questioned as to why you're out of your room so late in the night."

"Alright..." Elenor nodded.

"Good night milady." Alec bowed.

He took one step forward and held her hand in his. Then he pressed a light kiss on the back of her hand before releasing it. He sent her a small smile before finally leaving to report this incident.

Elenor dazedly stared at her hand before hurrying back to her room. She slammed the door to her room shut before running under her bed covers. She pressed her face into the pillow and let out muffled screams and a few cuss words before calming down.

"Don't fall for his tricks you fool!" she scolded herself, pulling her cheeks.

She ran her fingers through her hair. How many times must she remind herself she won't stay here forever and will return back to her world? She wished he would stop trying to pursue her.

No, she needed him to stop.

"Another thing that piles up in my other worries is about that assassin..." Elenor quietly mumbled to herself.

First it was Mille, now a random assassin she didn't know from where. All targeting her and on the same day. Elenor heaved a big sigh. Once again, she wondered if she will ever survive till the end. It looks like this world is trying to kill her off like the original plot.

'Well I guess I'm really fighting against the world...'

A soft knock was heard as it echoed through her room. Elenor got up to a sitting position and gazed over at the door.

"Milady, it's me."

"Oh come in Alec."

"Pardon the intrusion at such a late hour at this time." Alec spoke, walking in with a tray in his hands.

Once the door closed behind him, he walked towards her and placed the tray down. It was filled with food she liked.

"You haven't eaten until now right?" Alec asked, his tone more relaxed and casual than before.

Elenor nodded, her stomach grumbling loudly once she saw the food in front of her. She could feel her ears getting hotter. She heard Alec chuckling at her but she pretended not to notice anything wrong.

"Thank you for the food." she muttered before finally getting to eat after hours of no food, ignoring her surroundings and only caring about her meal.

Alec watched as she gobbled down all the food on the tray. He had a relaxed smile on his face. His eyes looking down at her endearingly. How blissful he felt being able to be by her side even if it is just a simple thing. He cherished every single moment.

After she finished eating, Alec cleaned everything before leaving her alone. He closed the door shut and placed the dishes in the kitchen. The next thing he did was beginning to look into who had ordered an assassin.

No one is allowed to hurt his milady, his treasure he loved and cherished. Those who try will be paid back ten times worse. His face held a malicious yet somewhat joyful expression as he quietly left. He was going to destroy that house and their bloodline entirely.

---

Author's note: POSSESSIVE POSSESSIVE POSSESSIVE POSSESSIVE POSSESSIVE POSSESSIVE o(*////▽////*)q