Chapter 49: Orbs

Zypher's POV

I stiffened as I saw my reflection at a mirror on her back. I can't seem to know what to do. Stephanie saw my real eye color.

"Zypher, why are your eyes blue ang gold?" Tanong nito. Hindi ako makasagot, my body seems to have frozen because of shock ang maybe also because of the chilly breeze I feel inside the room.

"Tell me the truth Zypher. Who are—"

"You cannot tell anyone about this." I demanded as I lock the door to prevent anyone from hearing us. "Why can't I?" She said as if challenging me. "Are you some sort of a spy from the darkholds? Are you—"

"Stephanie, you're getting it all wrong." I ran down my hand on my arm because of the dropping temperature in the room. "Then what is it?" She asked and I saw her hand flickering in her side. She's summoning snow. I took a step closer, "Don't you dare." She raised her palm in front of me.

"Stephanie, you have to—"

"Don't!" She shouted, cutting me. "Who are you Zypher?" She asked and started coming closer to me. "Steph, listen—"

"You're not just a common ability user, are you?" She continued asking, cutting me again. I closed my eyes as I try to calm myself.
I'm starting to get frustrated and irritated. She won't even listen.

I know why my contact lenses faded. It was because of my super mixed emotions a while ago, that I wasn't able to control myself.

"That water element user, that traitor when we fought with him. I was so confused why he was especially interested in you. Tell me, why?" She asked and pushed me down, sitting on the bed. "Stephanie. You have to listen to me first before you conclude anything." I said sternly. I stared at her and she backed a few steps away as if sensing danger, but then she seem to shrug her fear away and stepped closer again.

"Why are you hiding something from us, Zypher?"

"I have reasons."

"You only have two reasons why you're doing this. One, because you are an enemy trying to spy us or two, because..."

I stared at her as she seeks for her next words. "What is the second reason Steph?" I asked her. "I don't know." She said confusion obvious in her face. "That's why you have to listen—"

"No! Marami na ang binigyan ng mission na ito at hindi nakabalik dahil sa mga kalaban na pumapatay sa kanila. I even wondered why it was so easy for the enemies to kill them. Those royal guards sent for this mission were supposed to be strong and powerful enough, but it was too easy to sneak up on them and cut their throats for the enemy."

"Now, seeing you, made me think how they do it. Because there are traitors. Hindi lang namin alam, pero pagala-gala lang silang lahat, nakapaligid lang sa amin upang kahit kailan may oppurtunidad ay gagawin nila ang dapat nilang gawin. Ang pumatay para mapasakamay niyo ang buong mundo." She breathed hard as her last words came out as an insult directing to me. I am freaking frustrated!

"You are talking nonsense Stephanie! I am not a traitor!" I blurted out standing infront of her. I balled my fist as a warm feeling started spreading through my body. She suddenly gasped and backed away so suddenly that caused her to slam a cabinet and few things falling on the floor.

Without watching a mirror, I know my eyes turned red.

And before I knew it, she charged me.

Stephanie's POV

I aimed a punch on her face but she swiftly slid sideways, causing my punch landing on air. "Stephanie! You are being unreasonable!" She shouted at me as I kick her gut but wasn't successful in doing it. I groaned and gritted my teeth. I cannot believe I liked her so much to make friends with her, a traitor.