☑ Chapter 9: Exuding Presence

Zach's POV

Grumbling in frustration, I clenched my fists when Megan started laughing beside me.

"Ha! She must be punished for being against us royals. I mean, she still has to respect us in some way kaya. She needs to know her limit kasi she's just basically a nobody! Uh!"

Megan pulled my arm closer to her. Specifically, her boobs. "She's so annoying. Right, Zach?"

Her smile slowly went down when I took her hand out of my arm. "Yes, and I would appreciate if you don't annoy me as much as that nerd annoys me." I snapped and walked faster, leaving her behind.

That nerd just never backs down, does she? Walang takot na kinakalaban kami. And where did that take us now? A punishment! A freaking punishment to clean!

The mere thought of all the stack up garbages at the back of the buildings made my blood boil once again. It's her fault! It's because she's always in our way!

Getting inside the classroom, we waited for the professor to come in and not a moment later pumasok na agad and propesor at nagsimula ang klase.

Matiim kaming nakikinig lahat ng bigla nalang bumukas ang pintuan ng silid. And there, the annoying nerd stood, that same expressionless expression all over her face. As if nothing and no one deserves a single reaction from her.

Nag-init na naman ang ulo ko.

"Tsk. Mukhang napagalitan nga siguro ito." I heard Nathan grumble beside me while staring at Zypher in front.

May bigla siyang ibinigay sa propesor na biglang nakapagpahinto sa panenermon sana nito sa kaniya. I looked at the slip that must have been given by Princess Gab. Tsk. It would have been nice to see her get embarrassed for a little while.

Walang nagawa ang propesor at pinaupo nalang siya at nagpatuloy na sa klase. And to my joy, the angsty nerd sat in front of me.

The nerve of her to block my sight with her awfully done hair.

Nag-iinit talaga ang ulo ko sa babaeng 'to!

Iniwas ko ang tingin sa likod ng ulo niya at baka ay magbaga nalang iyon bigla. I might be hot tempered naturally, but I try to still keep myself out of temeper-caused troubles. Part of training, which I can say I pretty much have been doing so well. Not until this nerd appeared, anyway.

Bumuga ako ng malakas na hangin. Matt suddenly tapped my arm beside him. I sat in between Nate and Matt, while Steph stayed on the corner so she could watch the trees by the window. She likes having that spot in every room we attend class to.

"Calm down. I could feel the air starting to sizzle with high temperature." Imbes na kumalma ako dahil doon, mas nag-init lang ang ulo ko.

Why the hell does this nerd make me so annoyed?

"Here, distract yourself. This might help." Biglang may iniabot na libro si Steph sa akin. Iyong libro na binabasa niya mula kahapon pa.

I just stared at it. She expects me to calm with a lovey-dovey themed book?

"Don't give my book that look! It's awesome! I might even use the techniques mentioned in there." Pagdedepensa ni Steph nang sumama ang tingin ko sa libro niya.

"Just try it. We don't want a fire starting." Matt shrugged at tumango naman si Nate sa akin. Halos sabay nilang ibinalik ang tingin sa harap nang makahalata na ang propesor sa pag-uusap namin.

I heaved a controlled breath, trying to calm myself. Kinuha ko ang libro and flipped through its pages. Nahinto bigla ang tingin ko sa isang pangungusap.