17. Holiday Season

The group of them spent the next few hours working on the song, leaving the guys to play video games, and occasionally chipping in with their two bobs worth, or supplying help from rhymer

The group of them spent the next few hours working on the song, leaving the guys to play video games, and occasionally chipping in with their two bobs worth, or supplying help from rhymer.com. It reminded Shensea of the time they'd written Way Back - the reference to Mario Kart had come as a direct result of Kylian and a bunch of the Arsenal guys playing the game in the background. It was somehow the inspiration that she and River'd had to write the song, and it was why sound of the song was so heavily influenced by gaming soundtracks. The song they were writing now was nothing like Way Back.

"Alright, I need a break from writing," said River, passing her phone to Naia, and sliding off the couch to sit beside Neymar. "Is there another controller? I want to play."

The guys were playing Pro Clubs on FIFA, and they were somehow doing alright. Kylian passed River the spare controller that was lying on the ground beside him, and they added her to the game.

"How's the song going?" Asked Neymar, only half concentrating on the game, with half an eye on the girl sitting beside him.

"It's good," River nodded. "I think it's half done, to be honest. We need another verse, but we've got the chorus down. It'll all change again when we try to record it, but that doesn't matter."

"It's great that you can channel your emotions into something like song writing," he said. "It's a talent, as well, to be able to do it well."

"Thank you," River smiled at him.

The song they wrote that day would be destined to make it into the album, and when the girls told Sienna they'd somehow produced the lyrics for it in only a couple hours whilst sitting in Shensea's living room, she was in disbelief. With only two weeks to go until their album was released, she really hadn't thought they'd be capable of it, but they'd happily been able to prove her wrong. The song they had written was the story of every person who'd ever been told they didn't have a voice, or been told they weren't meant to be a part of human society. It was heartfelt, and passionate, and everything the girls wanted their album to be, and at last, they finally felt their album was complete.

9. Speechless (Aladdin - Naomi Scott)

[River]
Here comes a wave
Meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Swallowing sand
Left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out in the thunder

[River]
But I won't cry
And I won't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me or cut me down

[Kira]
I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless

[Kira]
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

[Shensea]
Written in stone
Every rule, every word
Centuries-old and unbending
"Stay in your place"
"Better seen and not heard"
Well, now that story is ending

[Naia]
'Cause I
I cannot start to crumble
So come on and try
Try to shut me and cut me down

[ALL]
I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless

[ALL]
Let the storm in
I cannot be broken
No, I won't live unspoken
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

[Naia]
Try to lock me in this cage
I won't just lay me down and die
I will take these broken wings
And watch me burn across the sky
Hear the echo saying I...

[Naia]
Won't be silenced
Though you wanna see me tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless

[ALL]
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless

The girls spent Christmas Day with their families, and for those of them who celebrated the holiday, it was a day filled with good food, presents, and love. Even for those who didn't celebrate it, it was still the perfect chance to see their family again, and although public holidays didn't mean much when you worked for yourself, it did mean that their families were all off work as well, and they could spend the whole day together.

Kira and Marcus' families spent it all together for the first time ever, which was a dream come true for the Irish-Vietnamese girl. Jasmine's family was all in France, so she and Reiss spent the morning together in their newly decorated house, before heading over to Reiss's family for the afternoon. Josie was in a similar situation, with most of her family being back in New Zealand, so she spent the whole day with Christian and his family. And apparently, all the Brazilians did everything together on Christmas Day, so Neymar invited River to join them once again. She of course knew Quinn, Layla and Gabi, and she'd met many of the others at the party where she'd also met Neymar, and she found it to be the same welcoming atmosphere she'd experienced then. It made her forget that her own family was on the other side of the world in her home country, apart from hoping she could introduce Neymar to them some day. She was sure they would love him.