7. Coffee Break

The girls of Diversity decided to meet up with one another the following morning in a cafe not far from their studio

The girls of Diversity decided to meet up with one another the following morning in a cafe not far from their studio. Sienna, their band manager was there as well, along with Jasmine and Josie. It was a bitterly cold morning, and the winter sun did little to take away the chill, but within the cafe everything was bright and warm.

"Girls!" exclaimed Shensea, beaming excitedly at them all. "Naia's got a daaaaaaaate!"

"Really?" Sienna beamed at the French-Indian girl, who was blushing as much as her dark skin would allow.

"Is it with Houssem?" Kira wanted to know.

"Of course it's with Houssem," Jasmine retorted, and Naia giggled.

"It's this afternoon, actually," she said. "Turns out we were both free, so..."

"I take it the shopping and dinner last night was successful then?" Sienna wanted to know.

"You could say that," said Naia. "And I think Jasmine and Reiss got enough Christmas decorations to sink a battleship as well."

"Oh we did," nodded Jasmine. "We're gonna have a decorating day together soon, I can't wait for it." 

"Well," said Josie, "I come bearing some not so great news."

"Oh no," River sighed. "What now?"

"More news outlets needing to get a life," said Josie. "And don't worry, your fans have been informing them of that very fact. Wether anything will get through is another story, but at least they're being loud about it."

"What is it then, Josie?" Asked Kira. "Tell us what happened?"

"They've pretty much released a whole bunch of photos from you lot going shopping last night," Josie explained. "And their claim is that if you wanna promote feminism, you shouldn't be hanging around with a group of footballers which apparently represent the complete opposite to that."

The girls sighed, and Shensea rolled her eyes.

"Why are they so dumb?" She complained.

"Did you see what Kylian tweeted in response?" Josie asked her.

"No? What is it?"

"Here," said Naia, showing the British-Nigerian girl her phone. "He's actually a legend for this."

Shensea took the phone, and read aloud.

"Anyone who thinks that a woman going shopping with her boyfriend promotes anti-feminism is clearly uneducated, and they are the real reason there is a problem in this world."

"He's actually so sweet," Jasmine smiled. "I'm gonna retweet it."

"Me too," said Shensea. "He didnt have to do that, but I'm happy he did."

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore," Kira shook her head. "Let people say what they wanna say, they dint know us."

"Preach it, girl," Sienna smiled at her. "I'm so proud of you all for handling this as well as you are doing."