14. Perfect Timing

River was ready before any of the others, and she left the changing rooms early to wait for them outside

River was ready before any of the others, and she left the changing rooms early to wait for them outside. Neymar was the only one of the guys who was done, and she smiled at him happily.

"That was fun," he returned her smile. "I'm happy you let me join."

"I'm just happy you came," said River. "And I think I owe you an answer, by the way."

"Oh yes?" Said Neymar, taking her hand. "What's your answer?"

"I really like you too," she said honestly, trying to ignore how quickly her heart was beating. She wanted to do this properly. "I like you a lot, and I think I'm ready to... maybe try a relationship?"

It came out as a question, but Neymar smile only grew at her words, and he nodded.

"You know, I much prefer you when you're one hundred percent happy, not just putting on a brave face," he told her. "And today, I think I saw that. The other day was brave face River, and I think you deserve to be happy. So if I get to be the one that makes you smile like that, then I think I'm a pretty lucky person."

River shook her head at his words, and he laughed at her reaction, pulling her closer to him, and pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you," she muttered. "I appreciate you. You have no idea how much."

"I think the album is still missing something," said Shensea, several days later, when they were recording the audio for Happiness. "Don't get me wrong, this song is the perfect fit, but I think we need something more pointed along the lines of standing up for your race, and your culture."

"I agree with you," River nodded. "But we already have eight songs."

"Do we wanna go for maybe ten songs then?" Kira asked, a little doubtfully.

"The album's supposed to be released in a week," Sienna told them. "I'm not sure you have time to change things up now."

"I know," said Shensea. "And I thought we were ready, but now I'm not so sure. Naia? Thoughts?"

Naia glanced at them all, looking thoughtful.

"Is now a good time to say I've been working on something new?" She asked.

"It's the perfect time!" Said Kira, clapping her hands. "Let's see it, and maybe we can help you out with it?"

Naia showed them the few lines she'd written down, and the girls spent the next few hours trying to work on the song to make it presentable.

"Phew," said River, at the end of it all. "I can't believe we just did that, but it actually sounds amazing."

"Init," Shensea nodded enthusiastically. "It's the chorus that makes it perfect though. Naia you're a genius for coming up with that."

"We'll see how the media likes this one," Naia grinned.

7. Colours of the Wind (Pocahontas - Judy Kuhn)

[Shensea]
You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know
You don't know

[River]
You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name

[Kira]
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew, you never knew

[ALL]
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind

[Shensea]
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sun sweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

[Naia]
The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends
How high will the sycamore grow
If you cut it down, then you'll never know

[ALL]
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains
We need to paint with all the colours of the wind
You can own the Earth and still
All you'll own is Earth until
You can paint with all the colours of the wind

"I genuinely think that lyrically, this is one of your most powerful songs," said Sienna, as she stood at the door to listen to what they'd created.

"Thanks Sienna," Kira smiled at the South African.

"We still need one more then, if we're going for an even ten," Naia reminded them. "Do we wanna try and work on something else, or should we call it a day for today?"

"I say we call it a day," said River, stretching her arms up, and yawning. "I've been sitting in one position for too long. Let's go and work on the dance for Rockabye."

"Ooh, yes," Shensea nodded. "I'm keen."

"Want me to let Jasmine know?" Asked Sienna. "I'll get her to round up the dance troupe for you."

"Yes please," nodded Kira, standing up as well. "We'll be right over."