Anywhere but home

Start from the beginning

"Yeri?" Chaeyoung exclaimed, surprised to see the girl.

"Hi, um-" she gently put the box down on the porch and looked up, "I was asked to deliver it to you, the present." She smiled gesturing above the box.

"Oh, I see. Can we know who asked you?" Jennie raised her eyebrow though we all knew the answer, but we were curious to know more, too.

"Well, it was a letter that I've found today and some instructions. I don't know honestly." She shrugged.

"Thank you," Chae smiled brightly and brought her hand, caressing the box intuitively. "What's in i-"

The box (?) shook under her hand and she quickly stood up, with her eyes wide and mouth open.

Yeri was fast enough and gently opened the box, "don't worry, we are here already," she whispered and after a few minutes she brought up...

two puppies in her hands.

They were still sleepy but already active enough to open their eyes and wiggle their tails excitedly.

Yeri met Jennie's eyes and after smiled at the white one, which was trying to get down so she put it in the open box.

It was very least expected thing to arrive. The four girls stayed still but Jennie cleared her throat, feeling sentimental. She did actually mentioned to Lisa that she likes dogs, she didn't expect her wish to be fulfilled in such a bittersweet way.

She brought her hand to the puppy which was still in Yeri's hands, the fur was shining and chocolate, and the way the dog looked at her made her smile.

At this moment the white puppy got out of the box and run fast to the Chaeyoung firstly licking her hand, but after it everybody seemed shocked  when the puppy slowly made his way to Jisoo, who stayed quietly all the time before.

He sat down before her obediently and then barked joyfully, making Jisoo's heart explode.

She stared at the puppy with wide eyes not believing what she was seeing, she looked up at Jennie quizzically.

Only Jennie knew that she had a dog many years ago, he was her beloved little friend who she cherished immensely, but, unfortunately he died when his age took its took on him. She didn't have a heart to even think about replacing him. But,

How does it come that the puppy before her was a total copy of her Dalgom? The way he looked, barked and his moves and good manners were so familiar.

Jisoo descended on her knees and slowly brought her hand to his white fur, rubbing it tenderly with admiration, the dog came closer and she took his in her arms smiling happily when he started licking her cheek.

Damn it, Lisa.

One moment I want to slap you and in the other to kiss. Wherever you are, just wait for me.

***

Yeri was happy to see her new comers to find a home so soon, her aunt was running a shelter and these two came up out of nowhere barking quietly at one of the back doors of the building.

But now they seemed to be welcome and she still wondered why the letter described them so well, asking to deliver these particular puppies to the address.

Yeri caught a glimpse of Joy which was staying beside the girls, smiling at them.

Jennie was engrossed with playing with the puppy, Chaeyoung came closer to Jennie and smiled brightly at them, then she started trying to surprise the dog, grimacing and talking to him as if he was a toddler, but, being the dog of his owner he responded with pokerface and 'you-think-I'm-that-dumb-to-buy-it' expression which made Jennie's smirk grow wider.