twenty-three

ʚ Happiness Can Be Found ɞ

Looking out at the window, the clouds have turned gray and no sunlight to shine

She looks at herself in the mirror; the dullness in her eyes and her outfit is black to symbolize grieving. Today is Sandaime's funeral. Villagers and shinobis are attending the ceremony to honor a wonderful legend. Not to mention, the lives that protected him when fighting against the Sannin. Hiruzen was a man full of wisdom that benefited the shinobi world and during his lifetime. However, his death wasn't peaceful.

Misa looks at her nightstand to find her tidy up headband. She grabs it and wears it around her neck like the usual. Her delicate fingers graze over the Konoha symbol to represent she is a shinobi of this nation. "Sweetheart, are you ready?" Reiko opens the door. Misa showed no emotion and simply nods her head. Her mother has a mournful face. She enters the bedroom and holds both of her daughter's hands in a firm grip. "I understand this is too much to take in. Just remember, Lord Hiruzen will forever be in our hearts." Reiko tries to cheer Misa up and wants to remove the sorrow out of her.

In a low voice, "I will always remember that, okaa-san." She has spoken. They go outside to find Akemi and Koichi is waiting for them. The man hears the door shut close to see his child not being her cheerful self. His eyes downcast and decides to hold her hand as they reach the Hokage house. It hurts his heart to see Misa like this.

When arriving, they spotted their friends and villagers have come together. Misa saw her team gathered around. "Go to them. I'm pretty sure they needed you." Akemi has a small grin played on his face. He let's go of Misa's hand and have her see her friends and sensei. Sasuke is the first one to see her approaching. "How are you?" He probably asked a bad question. With no response, Misa goes into his arms. Sasuke knew right away how she is feeling.

He held her fragile body with all of the comforts to give. The boy can hear light sobs and weeping tears on his clothes. Sasuke gingerly pets her silky locks. Misa slowly separates from his chest and face the rest of the team. They're beloved people that stayed by her side.

Subsequently, the ceremony begins. Everyone has their heads down and gave their respect. Then, the sky starts to drip down the rain. Almost like it was crying. The Jōnins are first to give out the white flowers. Akemi and Reiko both put down their flowers and gave a brief look at the Sandaime's picture. Once a happy and inspiring shinobi is leaving a legacy. After them is the Rookie 10 and the younger generation.

Misa observes the beauty of the flower. White flowers mean humility and innocence. She lays it down on top of numerous amounts of flowers. "Arigatou, Hiruzen-sama." She thanked him for being the Hokage that watched her grow to what she is now. As the funeral went on, the sky starts to shine again as the rain swept away. The majestic sun brings light to their face. Misa knew Hiruzen doesn't want anyone to stay sad for eternity. There is hope that can lead to happiness.