four

ʚ Not So Cold But Different ɞ

"Happy birthday Okaa-san!!"

Reiko's eyes glitter when she sees her adorable children and dearest husband surprised her with balloons, party poppers, a matcha cake, and presents. "Arigatou, my loves." She thanked her babies and squeezes them into her embrace. Koichi drags his mother to the dinner table. "Okaa-san! Nee-chan and I made you this cake." He points his little index finger at the homemade dessert. Reiko smiles brightly "Wow! It looks delicious." She almost drooled at the tasty sweet. "Matcha my favorite." The woman ruffles their heads and giggles.

She reads the icing text of the cake. It said "Happy Birthday Mama with love."

Her daughter lit up the candles with a lighter, 31 candles to be exact. They sang the Happy Birthday song and Reiko makes a wish before blowing it. The family sat together at the table and takes a slice of the cake. "Anata, do you still think I'm not old yet?" Reiko asked Akemi. Savoring the matcha cake, he spoke "Certainly not. Because you're still beautiful at whatever age." He smirks charmingly that has his wife turn shy and blush. "O-Oi! Don't tease me." She groans when taking a big bite. She can hear her husband chuckling.

Misa watches her parents in a serene moment. She smiles, their love still shows no matter how long they've been together. She wasn't paying attention when someone pulls her sleeve of her kimono. Turns her head to see it was Koichi. "Will you find love, nee-chan?" He asked. Misa blushes and fidgets. The thought of being in love is a different story. Will it be the same as her parent's love? The future awaits. She answers with a smile "I believe I will." Koichi nods his head and continues devouring the slice of cake.

✧˖*°࿐

Several weeks later, Team 7 was assigned by the lord third a D-rank mission. A cat went lose from its owner.

A wife of the Fire Daimyo's cat named Tora ran out and it was their duty to find it. Sort of a foolish mission when it's a D-Rank; the lowest rank of a mission, in other words, a shinobi has to do babysitting. Everyone has an ear-piece as a communication device and have checkpoints.

Naruto spotted it then charges at the lost cat and ends up getting attacked by the animal. He now has kitty scratches on his face as if he needed more like his permanent ones. Misa rushes over to him and holds the feline into her arms. "Neko Tora is found. Mission complete." Kakashi uttered as everyone heads back to the village.

"OHHH MY TORA I MISSED YOU!!" Madam Shijimi rubs her face all over Tora vigorously.

"Now I understand why it ran away," Sakura said, watching the poor cat gets suffocated by its owner. Misa can tell its saying 'save me' but she timidly waves at the feline as it leaves. After becoming an official squad, they so far have been doing missions that are more like chores you do at home. It is understandable the four are rookies—fresh out of the Academy but they do have potential shinobi knowledge. Iruka was about to announce another typical D-rank mission but gets cut off by the loud-mouth blonde boy.