twenty-one

ʚ Aiming High ɞ

The time has come

The time has come.

Eight participants are standing in line with determination spread on their faces. The audience is cheering full of excitement, ready to watch the upcoming battles. But the problem is...Sasuke hasn't arrived yet. Naruto and Misa grew puzzled if he'll even make it on time. However, the show must go on. Shiranui Genma their proctor called them the "stars" of the final competition. They're the last people that made it through the Chunin Exam.

In the audience, Nanami, Sakura, and Ino sat together and watching their teammates. The three girls have become close friends right after coming back to the village. Nanami can see Misa has changed a lot from her training process. Her meek, shy self has been swept away by a confident little lady. Misa's family also came along; Koichi is super excited to see his sister throw some beating.

Over at the field, Genma pulls a piece of paper out of his green vest. He shows the participants mapped down of the tournament. "Look at this," Genma demanded. They analyzed the paper and it seems like a few people have dropped out. Quite baffling. "There has been a slight change. Check who you will be facing one more time." Genma tells them. Misa checks it, her match is against one of the Suna-nins. Temari. Her mind went back to the second task and how she fought. She annihilated Tenten.

"Say, what'll happen to Sasuke?" Naruto abruptly asked about his teammate. Genma responded "In case a competitor does not arrive by the start time of match..." he flicks the toothpick up, "he or she will lose by default." The Jōnin affirmed. Naruto and Misa fell anxious. They both veer their heads at the open entrance—hoping that Sasuke doesn't back out on the competition. Genma then starts to explain the rules for this final task of the Chunin Exam. It was the same as the second test and he is the judge that shall seek who will win in the matches.

Misa can feel the tension has risen in the air. Now that introduction is over, the final exam can now begin. The Jōnin speaks "The first battle will be...Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuga Neji." The two boys took a glance at each other, their glares were burning like flames. "For the rest of you will be in the waiting room and be ready when your name is called." Genma ends his explanation.

Naruto has grown furious and wanted to take down the Hyuga. What he did to Hinata was very heartless. Beating his cousin till she can't breathe. Misa notices that Naruto cares for her and it's quite compassionate. "I hope you'll ace this." She stares into his blue eyes. "Don't worry Misa-chan this will be a piece of cake." Like the ordinary, Naruto has full confidence in anything. The Akiyama smiles sincerely "Now don't get your ego too high because you never know." She patted his head with a delicate hand and he descends off to the battleground.

"You're a big supporter for him," Shikamaru said, letting out a yawn.

"He is strong, I just know he'll win," Misa predicts that Naruto will defeat Neji.