Moving up in the Underground world

(Eddward)

Finally, after so much long hard labor I am going to put my training to use on the surface. A Cleaner, not the best job but puts bread on the table at home. I boarded the ship with my friends and fellow trainees.

"Finally, out of this hell hole!" Eddy exclaimed loudly.

"Eddy, language please." I scolded fixing my hat, mainly thinking about what kind of uniform I'll recieve at the surface.

"Ah, screw you Sockhead. I know you're as happy as I am to get out of here." Eddy stuffed his duffel bag in the cabnet above our seats and slumped in the window seat. I sat beside him and opened a novel I have been reading.

"Roll call for all Peach Creek passengers." The female voiced monitor spoke and listed off names which came followed with a response. "Eddward Vincent."

"Present"

"Kevin Barr." The monitor asked. No response came. "Assassin level four 'Sheriff' Kevin Barr, please say that you are present." The monitor demanded dully. "I repeat 'Sheriff' Kevin Barr please say you are present."

Heavy hurried footsteps came down the isle, "Kevin Barr is present." A familiar hoarse voice panted. I looked to see Peach Creek's former childhood bully and currently the third best assassin. Just behind the Dollies, Jimmy and Sarah, then there's Nazz, a double blade user ninja.

"Thank you Mr. Barr. Now all Peach Creek passengers please buckle your seatbelts." The mini monitors on the back of the seats flashed the buckle sign, everyone complied the order. I returned to reading with a content sigh, Eddy passed out in his seat, and I believe Ed is munching on toast again. The passenger pit was otherwise filled with soft whispers. A certain conversation across the way caught my ear.

"Did you sleep in again?" Johnny's scratchy voice sounded.

"No, mom was doing a last minute health check again." Kevin responded. "The woman likes to drive me mad, I swear it."

"At least she shows that she cares. Try being one of the family that will bring a city down, you're basically a walking time bomb." Johnny snickered. "No one cares when you're in demolition or suicide bombing. So how's your current case?"

Kevin groaned. "My first target was already dead so I have to go to the Cleaner's department where some rookies are gonna practice an autopsy and examination of his clothing. So now I have to wait to my clues."

Hmmm....I heard that I'm supose to be having an autopsy practice when we get to the surface followed by shooting practice. Could it be? Maybe. Better keep an ear out for anything more interesting.

"Man, Kevin, you need to get yourself an informant. It would be easier to find the next clue and target." Johnny suggested. "And don't you deny it, you know I'm right."

"I'm not denying it, I just disapprove of it." Kevin replied ignorantly. "Informants aren't loyal to any side and they're damn expensive, and even if they had any information it's too vague to understand." He huffed probably pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, I hope you do realize there are certain people who 'are all ears'" Oh dear I know that code. I focused my attention to the book in my hands. All conversation ended at that.

We reached the port, I took my luggage and followed the others out. Ah, the feeling of the sun on my skin, it's great. Eddy seemd to be enjoyingit too, he had his head tilted back and arms spread wide like petals of a flower, a big grin across his face. I led him and Ed to the uniform design and retrieval sector. The seamstress took one look at us and she was already sketching oufits while her assistants were taking measurements. "We have your uniforms delivered to your dorms by dinner time." She explained without looking from her notepad. "So until then please feel free to look around your new home and welcome to the surface gentlemen." We said our thank you's and carried on to get our dorm numbers and weapons. I got a simple sniper, I'll have to make modifications later. Eddy got a nine milimeter pistol. Ed recieved a bazooka and a revolver.

At last, after familiarizing ourselves with our new home, we parted ways to our dorm rooms, wondering if we will hav roommates. I highly doubt it will be so. My room had monochome pinstripe walls with a red horizontal line here and there. A bed with blankets and sheets to match the walls, beside it stood a mahogany desk completed with a virtual laptop and communicator. Across from the bed proudly stood a dried bamboo woven wardrobe next to a weapons cabnet. In the cabnet was a gorgeous sight, in it hung firearms of any type, a scalple and surgical set laid on a shelf beautifully polished and sharpened beside a collection of knives and switchblades. In the wardrobe hung two casual outfits and two formal wear, above them on a shelf was a organized collection of hats. I changed into one of the formal wear, placing my suitcase on the bottom shelf. I replaced my favored beanie for a gray fedora, in the mirror I looked like a younger version of Al Capone.

I hurried to my autopsy practice, the inside of my coat loaded with scalples, my front pants pocket carried a switchblade, and on my back hung my sniper. I hung my sniper on a hook in the weaponry closet and walked into the class/training room.

"Alright, rookies today you start examining over real corpses. Also with reluctant agreement one ofyou will be looking over Sheriff Barr's target's corpse." The professor explained, Kevin leaned against the wall in his uniform, glaring at us distrustfully from under his hat. "But since Sheriff Barr requires every detail of the target's death, I'll have Eddward over look the body." I nodded silently recieving jealous glares from everywhere around me, yet I stared ahead as the professor gave instructions. After instructions were given we set off to work, I pulled a notepad and pen from my breast pocket after uncovering the body and over looked the surface wounds, writing down each one followed by a possible weapon list that could have made it. After that I slipped my hands into rubber gloves and felt for any broken bones or searched closer for any othr detail of death.

Kevin sat on a stool on the other side of the examination table watching silently. His harsh green eyes following every movement I make, puffing smoke heavily like an irritated dragon. "I would gladly appreciated it if you didn't stare at me like so." I spoke breaking the deafenig silence.

"I would have appreciated it if you didn't listen to my conversations." He snorted.

"Irked by one thing that could not be helped, are we?" I asked. "Not like it's anything new from a stubborn cowboy." The red head puffed out more smoke in thick clouds. I coughed and continued about my work, examining the body and writing down notes.

"Not so scared now are you?" Kevin questioned, the smoke thinning out a bit.

"Why should I be? We lay on the same sides now, Mr. Barr." I said jotting down the last of my notes and handed the notepad to Kevin. "Do be sure to return it. And I here more than you'd know." Kevin took the booklet eyeing me suspiciously before flipping through what I wrote. I turned and walked from the table, disposed of my gloves in a trash can, grabbed my sniper, and left the room....