In my head

(Kevin)

It surprisingly bright, only the lights were in one single line and it seems like a catwalk from those name-brand fashion shows Nazz sometimes forces me to watch in her room.

I walked forward slowly for a while counting the lights I passed under. It seemed like I was going nowhere and even though panic started to rise I kept calm. It was just in my head....literally. Then it all stopped at a door. Not like the magical door to Narnia or whatever, just a plain simple white wood door. I twisted the knob testing if it was locked, it was. Well that much was fine and dandy where can I get the key or do I finally get to break something? I could use a stress reliever.

I tried the knob again making sure it wasn't some trick. Thank god, it wasn't. So just for the hell of it I knocked on the wood and waited. Seconds went by trying my quite limited patience. I took a couple steps back, getting ready to kick it down.

And of course right as I put force into my right leg towards he wooden surface, it opened. The person who opened it dodged my foot, grabbed my ankle, and threw me over their shoulder. I fucking hit the top of the door frame then made a not so soft landing on a hard wooden floor.

"Still no patience I see." A firm yet soft voice spoke. I money is on the person that threw me.

"Of course it was me, stupid." The now more clearly male tone spat. I lifted my face off the floor.

"Ow," I groaned rubbing my head.

"No shit that would hurt." A hand was offered and I took it. I stood up and locked eyes with a pair of matching emerald green as my own.

"And you are...?" I questioned lamely.

"Wow, you are an idiot." He declared crossing his arms. I looked him over, my usual uniform, orange hair, three unruly locks of hair, same height, glasses....

I stared at him blankly. He face-palmed himself. "I'm you, Kevin." He put bluntly.

(Edd)

The only thing I could see was a mirror. Candlelight flickered in the reflection around me. I looked myself in the eye, He merely glared.

"Let me out Edd, so I can pummel you and pumpkin to a pulp." He demanded.

"And that is exactly why I won't." I sighed. "I only want to find a peaceful solution to this."

Eddward started to cackle madly. "Seriously?" He asked. "What is with you and peaceful solutions? They don't exist, after all look at us. We're fighting for a single body."

"I have other things to fight for." I pointed out slowly becoming irritated.

"Oh you mean those 'friends'?" He asked mockingly. "And our parents? How sad for you little Edd." He snickered. "You know as well as I do that we don't belong up there in the Facility with all those people who believe being on the surface is a privilege. Bottom Ground is our home."

I shook my head. "You just want to start chaos don't you?"

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and grinned. "Yes, yes I do. Nothing makes life more exciting than a truck load of havoc. That and I want to get out of this bottomless dome head of ours."

"There are limits you know." I argued.

"Bah," He replied distastefully waving a non-caring hand. "Limits are for the goodies. I want some action." His eyes lightened up childishly. "I mean can you blame me? I've been stuck in here since birth Edd, it is boring as hell turned into an ice-rink."

"Limits though and then we can work some things out." I answered firmly receiving a pout.

"Not happening."

"Now you are just being stubborn." I huffed.

"You are too." He replied.

"Well unlike you, I like my friends in one piece and I care about our family and I didn't want to kill my own partner!!!" I turned away from him angrily.

"Kevin cares a lot, you know, about you." Eddward spoke glumly. "Doesn't realize it though, I watched all this time after all and paid attention to emotions that came across people's faces. He really cares." I turned back to him slowly. "I sorta just got jealous, I mean, c'mon he knows you. You are out there meeting everyone and attracting a few hearts while I...." He paused looking down at his feet, shuffling them slowly. "I'm stuck here, watching what you don't notice. Sad existence don't you think?"

I thought over what he said. I could understand what he had implied, just think I had spent the last few days trapped in my own head, watching as he did things I would never do. Stole and carried around Kevin's right hand in an ice bag, flirted with random strangers, pick pocketed.....

"Geez, you make it sound so bad. It is called surviving you know." Eddward snorted.

"So trying to kill Kevin was surviving?" I questioned with a raised brow.

He slumped in defeat, "Well..... Okay fine I do limits." He grumbled.

"Thank you. You will be apologizing to Kevin then correct?"

"Fine, whatever."

I sighed relieved. Oh finally some happy days.