Then again, I could ask George to ask his parents to become Darryl's legal guardians without having to kill Darryl's parents. They can go to court, have a case and see who will win in the end.

That would be risky though. What if Darryl's parents won in the end. We don't have enough proof anyways. We can show what happened to Darryl, but there was no proof that Darryl's parents did it to him.

I thought about this during the course of the classes. If Darryl's parents won they would hurt him a lot. Plus, we would have to break up. If Darryl's parents lost then Darryl would be free forever. Plus, if it's George's parents he would get everything he wanted.

It would've been safer not doing anything.

Soon it was lunch time. I sat with the idots and Darryl's group.

Sam was there. "I think I forgave Darryl. Now that he's settled into George's house, he's no longer busy all the time. Do you think I should ask him out again?" She asked the group.

Clay wasn't there. He skipped lunch for some reason. George spoke up. "Sam, I've told you before. I think Darryl is already in a relationship."George glanced over at me.

Sam raised an eyebrow. "He told me yesterday that that day wasn't good timing because he was busy moving in. Not because he had a girlfriend."

"Well he never said he wasn't in a relationship." I told Sam.

Sam crossed her arms. "You two are always speaking for him. You don't even know if he is or not."

"You don't either." George debated.

"Wait bad has a girlfriend?" Karl asked as he chewed on burger.

"Who's 'bad'?" George and I said in unison.

Nick laughed. "It's an inside joke me and Karl made up. The three of us were talking and Karl called him cute and Darryl responded saying he was hardcore."

Karl continued the story for us. "Nick said 'like a bad boy."

Nick chuckled. "That was a kinky joke."

"Well bad said he was indeed a bad boy. Nick and I joked about how we actually was an angel. So the name Badboyangel was created. But that turned to Badboyhalo because we thought it sounded better. So we now call Darryl Badboyhalo now. Bbh or Bad for short."

Badboyhalo? I was going to ask him about that later.

I finished my lunch earlier and decided to look for Clay. I checked in advisory. I saw his notebook closed on a empty desk. The teacher was sitting at his table.

"Where's Clay?" I asked him.

"He just left to go to the bathroom. He's also going to buy a snack. I didn't want him to skip meals."

I nodded. I sat down on Clay's empty seat and opened his notebook.

I turned to the page Clay was working on this morning.

I tried to read it quickly because I didn't know when he was going to come. I scanned through the writing.

"Dear Journal," I read at the top of the page.

I didn't know if I should keep reading or not. This was like a diary or some sort so I didn't want to read anything personal.

I scanned the page and read the sentence, "Darryl is in the way of me and George. I don't know how Zak doesn't see it, but Darryl seems to like George."

I kept reading. I knew this was important. "Next week, I'm planning to do something really big. Murdering Darryl." I read.

I was in shock. My brain couldn't focus on one thing but I kept reading. "I was thinking maybe this Friday. I've never killed a human before. The biggest thing I've killed was a deer. But George has made me feel a way I've never felt and I didn't want anyone to get in the way of it. Then again, I didn't want to do anything I would regret."

I took pictures of the notebook and shut it closed. I exited the classroom in a hurry. I ran into Clay in the hallway but we both ignored each other.

I know Clay was doing what I was doing. Killing someone to protect the one we loved, but he would be killing an innocent. Darryl loved me. Not George.

I decided on Friday, I would stay over at George's and spend the whole day with Darryl. Making sure no one could touch him.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 19 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————