ADALYNN IS SICK

(The same day as the last chapter)
Aimee's POV
It's been about an hour since Shawn left and Adalynn was still sitting next to me helping me out bring things to Christine etc. Right now she was just on my phone watching videos.

"Okay Adalynn. It's time to go back to your classroom" I say, grabbing my phone back. "NO!!" She cried and I looked at her. This is not like her. She's never like this. "Let's go see Christine" I say, grabbing her hand and we walked into Christine's office. "We have a problem" I say shutting the door and she looked at me.

"What's up?" She asked, picking up Adalynn and she smiled laying her head on Christine's shoulder. "She's terrified to go back into her classroom or something. She's been sitting by my side for an hour but she should be in the classroom. Every time we tell her to go back to the classroom she freaks out" I say, and Christine sighed.

"Is she comfortable with any other staff here?" She asked and I nod. "Yeah. Jill but that's about it" I answered and she nods. "I hate pushing her back with the babies but there's a few walkers in there so she could go in the baby room with Miss. Jill for the day and help her out. You might have to move a few kids around though if she isn't in ratio because she's by herself. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day" she says and I nod.

"Go hang out with Miss. Jill, okay?" She says talking to Adalynn and she smiled grabbing my hand and we walked out. We walked in the back room where Miss. Jill was playing with the kids.

"You're gonna have a little helper today" I smiled, and Adalynn ran to Jill. "I have four kids. If I take Adalynn I'll be out of ratio" she says and I nod. "Who's your two oldest kids? I'll take two so you'll have Adalynn so you only have three kids" I say and she smiled.

"That would be Rosalie and Gracie" she answered and I nod leaning over the wall to see Nicole. "Give Jill Adalynns stuff. She's gonna be in here for the day" I say, turning around and grabbing Rosalies and Gracies hand. "Thank you" I say walking out. I walked to Nicole's room and opened the door.

"You'll hang with Miss. Nicole today!" I say, and they run in the classroom. "Wait. I'm not taking them both. I can't handle two more children!" Nicole complained, and the door opened and I looked to see who it was.

"Well look at that. Mr. Matthew is here so you'll have some help. Have fun" I smiled and she rolled her eyes as I walked out. I just shook my head and sat by my computer again. I take a deep breath and just continued what I was doing.

"Hey Aimee. Can I talk to you?" Alexa asked, walking by my desk and I look over to see Miss. Marissa by herself with the class she was in. "Sure. Is Marissa in ratio?" I asked and she nods. "What's up? You wanna talk in private? Like outside or is it okay to talk here?" I asked and she looked at me. "Outside if that's okay with you" she says and I nod.

"Of course. Let's go" I say, grabbing the daycare phone and slipped it in my back pocket. We walked outside and we sat on the bench. "Is everything okay?" I asked concerned and she chuckled.

"Yeah. Everything's okay. I just wanted to tell you something that I haven't told anyone besides my husband David" she answered and I looked at her. "I'm pregnant. We found out yesterday when we went to the doctors to see why I wasn't feeling myself lately" she says and my eyes widened.

"OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" I yelled hugging her and she laughs. "Omg! Rosalie is gonna be a big sister!!" I say, pulling away excitedly and she chuckled nodding.

"I just wanted tell you first because you're pregnant as well and I thought it would be cool to have a pregnant friend even though your my boss" she says and I just realized that I'm pregnant too.

"Omg! How far away are you?!?!" I asked and she smiled. "Same as you! About 10 weeks now. And my due date is August 10" she says and my eyes widened. "Omg!!! Wouldn't it be cool if we gave birth on the same day?!?! Our babies could be best friends!" I say and she looked at me laughing. "I also had a question" she says and I looked at her.

"How come your bump look so much huger than mine? I barely have a bump yet" she says, and I scratched my head nervously. "I don't know. My doctor said that my baby is pretty big" I lied and she nods still not believing me.

"Don't tell anyone about me yet. You could obviously tell Shawn but I wanna tell everyone else" she says and I smiled nodding. "Congratulations" I say, hugging her and the door opens.

"There you guys are!" Christine laughed and we looked at her. "Umm Aimee, Adalynn just threw up all over the room. She's laying down right now but she looks really pale and she's crying for you and Shawn" Christine says and my eyes widened.

"Thank you" I say, running inside and into the back room where the kids were on one side of the room and Jill was cleaning up on the other side of the room. It was a lot.

"Mommy" Adalynn cried and I looked at her to see her laying down. She looked terrible and really pale. "You need any help?" I asked Jill. She looked stressed out.

"No. Thank you though! It's just stressful because I'm always by myself with no help and it's just hard" she answered as Christine walked in. "You sure you don't want me to help?" I asked and she smiled. "I'm sure. Adalynn needs you right now so just focus on her" she answered and I nod looking at Christine.

"You could pack up Adalynn and take her home. She should be at home and get some rest" Christine says and I nod grabbing Adalynn's bag.

"Adalynn'a lunchbox is in the fridge. She didn't eat her snack earlier and didn't want anything else" Jill says and I nod. "Thanks" I say, packing up Adalynn's stuff.

"Come here" I tell Adalynn and I lift her up and Christine walked us out. "Do you need anything before I leave?" I say, putting Adalynn into her car seat. "No. Just go home and take care of Adalynn. If you have to don't be afraid to take tomorrow off too" she says and I smiled. "Feel better Adalynn" she says and I smiled as she walked back inside and we left.
———————————————————————————
Questions of the chapter

Why is Adalynn terrified to go to her classroom?

Why do you think Nicole is giving Aimee an attitude?

How do you feel about Miss. Nicole giving Aimee an attitude? Do you think she should? Why or why not?

How do you feel about Miss. Alexa being pregnant too? Why?