DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

FEW WEEKS LATER
Aimee's POV
We got back from Colorado last night in the evening. We had a blast. Unfortunately Jaxon had to go back to placement but I'm just happy he was able to come with us. At least we get to see him this weekend for visitations.

Anyways, today's the day. The day we get to find out the babies gender....hopefully. Shawn took the day off from work so he'll be able to join me. Adalynn and Sebastian was suppose to come with us but we decided to send them to school and daycare because Sebastian shouldn't miss anymore school. He's been out for a month and Adalynn should start getting back into the routine of going to the daycare. Besides they all miss her!

We just got to the daycare to drop the kids off. It was about 7:30. I let them sleep in for a little bit. Our appointment is at 7:50. "I'll take them in" I tell Shawn, getting out of the car. I grabbed Adalynn out of her car seat and grabbed her stuff. I walked in with Sebastian following behind us.

"Be good in school okay?" I say, kissing Sebastians head. "Okay mom!" He says, running over his classroom. "AIMEE!!!!!" Christine yelled, running up to me and hugging me tightly.

"Hey!" I laughed, pulling away. "How was your vacation?!" She asked. "It was amazing. I would love to stay and talk but we have to leave for my doctors appointment" I say and she nods.

"Be good for Miss. Nicole, okay? I love you" I say, kissing Adalynn's forehead. "NO!!!! I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE!" Adalynn cried, hugging me tightly. "Come on baby. I have to get going. I'll come back and pick you up soon. Okay?" I say, trying to get her off.

"NO" she yelled, and I looked at Christine. She's never this way when I left her. I don't know why she's acting this way now.

"It's okay baby. I'll be back soon" I say, trying to take her off of me but she's still holding tightly as she cried in my shoulder. "Hey hey" Christine says, kneeling down and Adalynn looked at her slowly.

"Wanna come to my office with me. I need help with something and have a surprise for you" Christine smiled, pulling Adalynn off of me. "Thank you. I love you" I say standing up, and noticed that Miss. Nicole was giving me a dirty look and rolling her eyes at Adalynn.

"NO, MOMMY!!!!!" Adalynn yelled, screaming, hitting, and kicking Christine. "I'm so sorry" I say. "Don't worry. Just go. I got this" she says and I nod. I take a deep breath and walked out. I felt guilty but I had to do what I had to do. I trust Christine with her though so I know she'll handle it. I'm just scared for Miss. Nicole. I don't really fully trust her with my daughter but I have no choice. I believe Christine will do something if she did something to hurt my kids in any way. And If dirty looks could kill I would've dropped dead. You should've seen the look she was giving me.

I hopped in the car and Shawn backs out of the parking spot. "Is everything okay?" He asked and I shrugged. "Adalynn didn't want me to leave. Christine had to forcefully pull her off of me" I answered as he drove. "Really? That's unusual for her" he says and I nod in agreement.

"I'm sure Christine is able to calm her down though" I added. "Of course. She's amazing!" He smiled, driving. I smiled as I looked out the window. "What do you think we're gonna have?" I asked, looking back at Shawn.

"Honestly I don't know. I'm kinda hoping for a boy and girl though. It'd be pretty cool cause Adalynn would have a sister and Sebastian would have a brother to play with but I'd be happy with whatever we get" he answered, pulling into the parking lot.

We walked in and signed it. Shawn and I go to the waiting room to wait for the doctor to call us. I smiled laying my head on Shawn's shoulder. "You okay?" He asked, kissing my head. "Yes. I'm just exhausted" I answered.

"After the doctors we could go back home instead of picking Adalynn up right after. You could get some rest" he suggested and I nod. "Sure. I'm gonna call Christine first just to check in and see how she's doing" I say and he nods.

"Aimee" the doctor says, walking into the waiting room. "Hey" I smiled walking towards her while holding Shawn's hands. "Hey! You're 21 weeks today, right?" The doctor asked as we walked into the room.

"Yes" I smiled. "You could just lay on the chair" she says and I lay rolling my shirt up. "You excited to finally know the gender?" She laughed, getting the stuff ready.

"Yes. I've been dying to know!" I chuckled. "I bet! You could've found out earlier but with twins it could get a little tricky. Like one twin might be blocking one twin or something so hopefully today will be able to see" she laughs. "How's everything feeling? Any pain? Any spotting?" She asked, putting the cold gel on my stomach.

"Honestly, not really. I do get nauseous a lot though. That never really happened when I was pregnant with my first daughter but I never actually threw up or anything. I've been feeling my stomach stretching a lot as well obviously but nothing too bad. I always feel them moving though. They love doing tricks and stuff. Kinda like they're dancing or something" I laughed.

"They're definitely moving around in there" she says, moving the ultrasound sound around my stomach. "Ah, that one just kicked the other" she says, pointing to the twins.

"Looks like we're gonna have feisty twins" Shawn laughed watching the ultrasound. "Do you guys want to know? Or are you gonna have me sent a piece of paper to your family or something so you could have a gender reveal?" She asked.

"We actually want to know now. No one knows we're having twins besides one person" I answered and she nods. "How you going to tell them?" She smiled, looking at the ultrasound again. "We actually plan on keeping it a secret until birth. We're gonna let them know just one gender of the baby and then when they come to visit at the hospital I'm gonna have them meet the one twin and then the nurse is gonna bring in the other twin so it's like 'surprise' there's two" Shawn explained.

"That's such a good idea. They're gonna be so surprised" she smiled. "Okay. You ready?" She asked, looking us. Shawn grabs my hand and squeezes it as we both nod. "That's a....."
——————————————————————————
QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

1) what do you think the genders are?

2) how did you feel when Adalynn reacted that way when they dropped her off the daycare?

3) why do you think she reacted that way?

4) why do you think Nicole was giving Aimee a dirty look? How do you feel about her?