SEBASTIAN TRY-OUTS

Aimee's POV
Today's Monday and I was just getting the kids ready for school. It was 5:55 in the morning and Shawn already left for work so I was just finishing getting Sebastian and Adalynn.

Adalynn was just wearing this teal dress that said "lady chick" with her white converse. I obviously put black leggings on underneath her dress because she's always jumping around and rolling around at school. Sebastian was wearing the Jordan air outfit Jeremy got him for his birthday.

It was a red Jordan shirt, a Nike black sweatshirt, tan jeans, and his new expensive Jordan sneakers Jeremy also got him for his birthday

It was a red Jordan shirt, a Nike black sweatshirt, tan jeans, and his new expensive Jordan sneakers Jeremy also got him for his birthday. He was so excited to wear them to school today.

"Adalynn, go get your book bag" I say, grabbing my keys and my phone. Sebastian walks out of his room with his book bag and with that we left.

AT THE DAYCARE
We got to the daycare at 6:30. I got out of the car and got the kids out. We walked in to see Christine at my desk. "CWISTINE!!!!!!" Adalynn yelled, trying to pronounce Christine, dropping her bag and ran to Christine.

I laughed signing myself and the kids in. No one was here right now. They should be coming in shortly but it was just me and Christine for now.

"How'd it go this weekend? Did you find a house?" Christine asked, picking Adalynn up. "Yeah we did. We're moving before thanksgiving!" I smiled, bring all my stuff to my desk.

"I bet you can't wait" she chuckled. "Trust me. We're so excited" I say sitting down as I saw Sebastian put his stuff into his chubby.

"I have to call Shawn real quick" I say, grabbing my cell phone. "Of course" she smiled putting Adalynn down. "Lets go pick your book bag up and get situated and then you have the entire building before everyone comes in!" She says and Adalynn nods running to pick her book bag up and they walked into her classroom to put everything away.

After the first ring Shawn picked up. "Hey babe. Everything okay?" He asked concerned because I don't usually call him at this time.

"Yeah everything's fine. I forgot to bring Adalynns gymnastics bag so I wanted to ask you if you could bring it when you get home from work" I answered.

"Yeah of course! I signed Sebastian up for basketball today and they told me the try-outs are today. So can you tell Sebastian that he has to stay after school. He can't get on the bus and he needs to go to the gym in his school!" He asked.

"Sure! I gotta go now! Love you!" I say hanging up. "Sebastian, come here" I say watching Adalynn run around the huge room and Christine ran after her.

"Yes?" He asked, sitting in the chair that I had next to my desk. "I just got off the phone with dad. He signed you up for basketball like you wanted and the try-outs are today. So after school don't go on the bus. You have to stay later and go straight to the gym. Daddy will meet you there and pick you up" I say and he had a big smile on his face.

"YAY! I can't wait!" He yelled and I chuckled as my phone went off. "It's your grandpa" I say, answering my phone.

"Hey dad. What's up? I'm at work right now" I asked, turning my computer on. "I know. I just have a question. So on Wednesday we have court for Jaxon. Are you coming with us? He's gonna call later and he'll probably ask" he asked and I sighed as a parent walked through the door. Christine saw that I was on the phone so she took care of them.

"I feel terrible but I won't be able to. I have to come to work" I lied. "It's okay. I'm sure he'll understand. That's all I wanted. Bye!" He says hanging up and put my phone down.

I wanted to go but I'll just feel guilty. I pretty much just betrayed him by tell Shawn what happened.

I grabbed the clipboard and marked that Arya came in. I put everything down and walked up to them. "He-" I started and then the daycare phone started ringing. "Jeez. I feel like I've been on the phone all morning already" I laughed, running to my desk. "MOMMY!" Adalynn yelled. "Hold on baby" I say answering the phone.

"Welcome to Rainbow Children. How may I help you?" I answered and a lady replied.

"Hey Miss. Aimee!! It's Lindsays mom! I got called into work today so I was wondering if I could bring her in today" she asked.

"Um. Hold on. I have to check to see how many kids we're gonna have today for her classroom" I answered looking at the clipboard and I counted the kids that are supposed to show up.

"We should be in ratio so she'll be allowed to come in. If anything happens we could always move the staff around to make it work!" I say. "Okay! Thank you so much!" She says hanging up. I put the phone next to my laptop and looked at Christine who just finished putting Arya's stuff away.

"That was Lindsays mom. She's brining Lindsay in today" I let Christine know and she nods as I watched Sebastian play with Adalynn and Arya.

"WHATS UP?!?!" Miss. Jill yelled, running into the daycare. "How can someone be so excited at 7 am" I laughed, looking at Christine as Jill signed herself in.

She goes into the baby room to put her stuff down and then came back into the big room we were all in. "Are you still going on vacation?" Jill asked, sitting next to Adalynn and she sits on her lap.

"Hopefully. The doctors said I could still go but we might change our minds last minute. If we do land up going then we might leave Sunday or Monday instead of Wednesday. We're gonna surprise the kids" I chuckled looking at Adalynn and Sebastian who was not paying attention at all.

"Is it just you guys or is it the whole family?" Christine asked and I couldn't help but smile. "It would be just me, Shawn, and the two kids. Don't get me wrong. I love my family and all but I think it's important for just my family to have time with each other which makes it even more special and kind of terrified. This is our first time going on a vacation without our families" I answered being honest.

"You'll be fine. And you're right. It is important to have family quality time with just your family. In my opinion, it makes you even closer. And I don't think you should change your mind. You should go on your vacation. Especially now you're having another baby, you should soak in all the time you have just being a family of four" Jill says. She gives really good advice.

"She's right" Christine agreed and I smiled nodding. As more kids came in all the teachers went into their rooms with all the kids. A hour passed by and it was 8:10. "Sebastian, give me your iPad" I say, as the school age kids lined up to get onto the bus.

"Thank you. I love you and remember don't get on the bus. Good luck and have fun!" I smiled, grabbing his iPad and kissing his head. He smiled running out with the other school age kids to get onto the bus. I worked until 3:30 and then I took Adalynn to gymnastics practice. After that we just went home and waited for Shawn and Sebastian to get home.
——————————————————————————
        QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

How do you feel about Aimee not going to Court for Jaxon?

Do you think Aimee, Shawn, and the kids should still go on vacation? Why or why not?

How do you think Sebastian did at basketball try-outs?

Do you think he made the team?