Chapter 12: Change of Plans

Quincy POV

"We gone be straight," I reassured her and kissed her forehead.
With her expecting now, the plans have changed. I don't want to end up dead or imprisoned, leaving her or our child alone. My father cannot know about this baby. He's a dangerous man, and I'd do what I need to protect mines. Sitting in her living room, she had her head in my lap.

"You need to make things right with Chance and Aya," she said out loud.

"I know, but Chance wants to knock my head off," I told her.

"Maybe I can talk to them both and see what happens," she offered.

"Yeah, try that and see what happens," I replied.

A couple days later...
  I'm sitting here on the couch watching football. There's a knock at the door.

"Who is that?," I asked her.

"Oh, that's Chance and Aya," she replied.
I looked at her with shock eyes.

"And you now just telling me?," I whispered shouted.

She shrug her shoulders and opened the door. There they stood, hand in hand. Aya hugged Crystal and then she greeted Chance. He still looked like he wanted to beat my ass and Aya look a little scared.

"Hey," I said trying to break the awkward silence.

Chance nodded his head and Aya said nothing. This is going to be harder than I thought, but I wasn't giving up. I stood up and directed my attention to them.

"First, I'd like to apologize to you Aya. What I did was outta pocket. If you plan to hate me forever I don't blame you. But, know that I'm truly sorry," I said to her.

She looked at me for a few minutes.

"I forgive you," she finally said.

Then, there is Chance. It was starting to get awkward.

"As much as I want to beat your ass, Crystal said you want to help the right team," he said.

"Yeah, I'm already hip. But, yes... honestly it's petty as hell what my pops is trying to do. I don't want to end up imprisoned or dead. I just wanna be here for my kid," I told him.

"Ight, so truce?," he asked me.

"Truce," I agreed shaking his hand.

We sat down, discussing the plan. The plan is for me to keep acting like I want to help my father take over, but we're going to lead him into a trap. After our talk, they left. It felt good to apologize to Aya and get on the same page as Chance.

"Aye Crystal, I'm a transfer to Morehouse so I can be here to support you," I told her.

"You really on board with this pregnancy, huh?," she asked me.

"Yes, the baby. You. All dat," I said pulling her close.

She looked up at me with those pretty brown eyes. I peck her lips and she melted right into my arms. What has Crystal done to me?

"See, I knew you had a heart after all," she said while pointing into my chest.

"Guess so," I shrugged my shoulders.

"This growth is good, I'm loving it," she beamed.

I smiled down at her and peck her lips again. This warming feeling that I get, I can get use to.
Next, when I got back to LA, I begin to pack my things.

"Son, where you going?," he asked me.

"I'm transferring to Morehouse, they have a program I'm interested in," I lied.