Chapter 8: Ghosting

[Aya P.O.V.]
When we got back to campus, I immediately went to the administration building. I filled out the paperwork to get my credits switch over.

"Miss Jones, any particular reason why your transferring?," counselor Maya asked.

"They have a program that I want to take up," I replied.

"Where to?," she asked another question.

"USC."

She nodded her head.

"Good luck Aya! Come back and update me on everything," she replied.

I nodded my head and proceeded about my day. Chance had moves moving the rest of my things out of the dorm I stayed in. After classes, I went back to Chance's apartment. He isn't back yet, so I decided to get started on dinner and then I'll do my homework tonight. Chance walked in at 8:00 pm. Way pass the time he normally comes home. He looked very tired and disturbed.

"Baby, what's wrong?," I asked him.

"Let's talk about it later, I honestly just want to sleep," he said.

I nodded my head and left it that. He pecked my lips and then headed to our bedroom. I put our dinner away and went back to the living room to complete the remainder of my homework. Once done. It's about 10:30 pm. I go the bedroom and get ready for bed. Tossing my curly hair into a messy bun. As I got settled into bed, he pulled me into his arms. While laying there, he rubbed on my belly. 

As I begin to fall asleep, he asked me, "you still up?."

"Yes, what's wrong?," I asked him.

"I was blind sided today. Quincy and his dad ambushed me today. His dad tried extracting information from my mind," he stated.

His body is tense after telling me what had him so shaken up.

"You block him out of your mind?," I asked him.

"Yeah, and that shit was mad draining."

I flipped over to face him.

"Baby you did the best you could. Don't beat yourself up about it. Quincy and his father are some cheaters," I spoke to him.

He nodded his head and pulled me close to him.

"I'm scared," he admitted.

"Shit I am too Chance. That's why we're leaving this school."

He peck my lips a couple time, then begin to fall asleep. I ran my thumb across his cheek. Even in his sleep, he isn't really at peace. We've got stop Quincy and his father. And if that means dying so that my child can live, then so be it...
Two weeks later,
We have finally gotten settled into our new place. The new apartment had a gate for security. That gave me peace at mind, still couldn't fully trust it though. I'm currently decorating the inside to give it that home feeling. In walk Chance through the door with food.
"Oouuu my favorite," I said.
He smirked and replied, "yeah and I got you a fruit cup too."
My food bag contained Chik-Fil- A chicken nuggets, a large fry, and a large lemonade. Let me tell you, it slapped like it always does, they never fail. For the remainder of that day we chilled out. I did a lot of sleeping. Between being pregnant, transferring schools, and constantly looking over my shoulder; I'm beat. I woke up at 7 pm, sick to my stomach. Sprinting to the bathroom, I empty out whatever I had on my stomach. These hormones will be the death of me. Flushing the toilet, then I rinsed my mouth out at the sink.