Chapter Thirty-Six: The Elder's Quest

"Hmm, well I suppose this isn't just going to go away. I'll have to see what I can do."

Without saying another word Serin disappeared under the bed sheets. It quickly became apparent what her solution was as I felt her put my cock in her mouth. I assumed that this was the first time she had done this, but she was doing a good job so far. Just as I was about to reach climax the flap to my tent opened and Lillia poked her head inside.

"Morning you two... Oh where's Serin?"

"S-she's asleep under the sheets." I struggled to say, as Serin continued to suck away.

"Well can you wake her up, we need to eat then leave, we have a lot to get done today."

"S-sure."

Whether it was the excitement of nearly being caught in the act or just because Serin was surprisingly good with her mouth, I soon came. Once finished Serin climbed back up from under the sheets.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Of course."

"I was wondering if you were going to stop."

"Now where would the fun in that be?" She laughed. "Come on we shouldn't keep the others waiting."

"Sure."

We both quickly dressed and went to meet the others around the campfire. Breakfast was already being dished up as we arrived. We took our food and sat with the others. It seemed that Lillia had something she wanted to say as we ate.

"Today is going to be different than anything you've done so far Theo. You should consider it the warmup to the main quest we're heading to." She explained.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"As well as the quest is to take out the low-ranking officer in the demon lord's army, I also accepted a smaller quest from some of the locals in this area. We'll be clearing out a cave of goblins that have been harassing the local farmers."

"Goblins?"

"Yes. They aren't particularly strong monsters, but they are vicious little buggers. We'll have to be careful, because until we scope the place out, we have no idea of the numbers inside. It will be a perfect training exercise for you. Your first time going underground and clearing out the monsters, it will be like mini dungeon. We'll need to all work as a team to get through this and I hope it cements your ability to work as part of a party."

"When you say to get through this, it almost sounds as if there's as chance we won't. I thought they weren't that dangerous?"

"They aren't alone, you would have no problem killing a single goblin, but we are venturing into their lair. They will have a large numbers advantage, not to mention traps throughout the cave system. It hasn't been unheard for advanced adventurers not to return from a quest like this. People often take them too lightly."

"But if we all do our part, and are careful we'll be fine, right?"

"As long as all goes to plan, yes."

It wasn't the most satisfying or convincing yes, she could have given, but I could tell she was being honest. I'd known this before, but adventuring was dangerous, there was no telling how long I'd last or if I'd ever get to a proficient level before being killed.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"It's about six miles across the plain. The cave is supposedly located a few miles away from a small village. We don't know the exact details yet, so we'll have to call in at the village before we venture to the cave. Supposing it is still standing that is."