Not like he would even want me to begin with.

Finally being able to breath normally again for the 3rd time that day, I gather my things and head off to my next class. To my luck, the one person that I really wanted to talk to was already passing down the hall to head in the opposite direction.

Max: I reach out a hand and pull Tong closer to me so I don't have to shout in the hallway. "I was actually going to look for you after class, can I ask you something real quick?"

Tong: He raises an eyebrow but nods. "Sure, but only if you tell me why you stormed off earlier."

Really Tong?

Fineeee...

Max: I roll my eyes and sigh. "Fine... Basically Win was making fun of me and it doesn't help that you two like to gang up on me when it comes to Tul. I already explained to you guys that I didn't want to hurt Tul by being close to him and you guys find my affection for the guy a big joke. It just hurts being the center of your guys' humor.

Tong: "I'm sorry Max, we just want you to stop beating yourself up and looking so lost. We don't know how to help you so we try to lift the mood with humor instead. I don't think Win actually means to hurt your feelings. Try not to take it so personally."

Max: "Okay..."

Tong: "Alright enough of that, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Max: I ring my fingers together and stare down at the floor. "Umm... Tul talked to me in class today and I completely panicked and just nodded my head like an idiot... How did you feel when your boyfriend first started to talk to you?"

Tong: He seems to be contemplating what to say as he scratches his head. "Well it's a little hard to remember now since it's been a year but I do remember feeling skeptical because he had a lot of haters. He is known for sleeping around so I didn't really trust him but once I got to know him I learned that he is actually nothing like what I had though. He kind and considerate and takes really good care of me. He liked me first though so I can't really help you with your question because you like Tul, not the other way around."

Huh, I think that's the most he's ever actually told me about his boyfriend, he's always tight lipped about it. He also gave me some clues toward who it is, it might be fun to try and figure out who he is eventually.

Max: "Damn... Yea I guess that doesn't really help but I do think that I just need to grow some balls and stop acting like such a child. All I have to do is keep a conversation if he ever brings up one. It's not like I'm going to go up to him and start one."

Tong: "True." He starts to walk away again. "I do think It's time for me to get going though, I don't want to be late to class."

Crap.

Max: I reach out and hold onto his arm. "Hey wait a second, I have one more thing I want to ask you but it's a little embarrassing."

Tong: He stops for a second and raises an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Max: "Umm... Have you ever had the urge to bite him?"

Tong: "That's kind of a weird question Max..." His eyes get big as his mouth falls open. "Have you been getting a craving to feed on Tul?"

As those words came out of his mouth, I started to cringe because I knew the answer to that question. I know that Tong doesn't know that I am a pure blood which is why he probably thinks that's normal but it's really not and that's why I can't tell Win. I'm not supposed to be thinking about biting anyone especially not the guy I like but whenever he's next to me I get an unbelievably powerful urge to push him against a wall and taste him...

Max: "Looking at my feet nervously. "Yea... That's the main reason I can't be around him... I'm scared I'm going to lose control..."

Tong: "Fuck..."

Max: "Yea... But can you please promise me that you won't say anything to Win... I don't tell him about any of this stuff..."

Tong: He puts his hand on my shoulder and smiles. "Don't worry Max, I'll keep this to myself. Just keep me updated."

Thank god... I don't know what I would do if Win found out about this.

Max: "Thank you so much Tong, I really owe you one."

Tong: "No problem but I really do have to go now."

Max: "Wait you never answered my question though."

Tong: He yells across the hallway as he makes his way to his other classroom. "Yes, all the time."

I could feel a smile forming on my lips as I turn back around and head toward my next class. That kind of helped me feel better.

I just wish things weren't so damn complicated...

Why couldn't I just be normal.