Another sigh left my lips and I couldn't help but smile. Karen was right, I needed a chance to relax and let all of these worries go. I was too uptight and tense, and downright snappy all of the time and I hated it. Because I know that isn't me. I missed the old me. The me before I accepted Brooke's stupid offer to come to her home that night. I wanted that Michael back.

So when we got to Karen and my other tour mates floor, I accepted her offer. But I wanted to change into some comfortable clothing first. This belt was slightly tearing into my skin so much that I'm sure that I have a bruise forming.

She said, "Don't forget to tell Ana!" one more time before the elevator doors closed.

I nodded to myself just as the doors opened again, welcoming me to my floor of the hotel. Bill and Nate weren't patrolling the floor which led me to believe that they were getting snacks at the snack bar downstairs. I decided to let it slide because they have been working so hard lately.

I entered the hotel room, immediately seeing Ana sleeping in front of the fireplace. Her strands of hair slight covering her face and the rest spread on the floor. The white small blanket only covering half of her body. I could tell that she only wore one of my shirts tonight. Nonetheless, she looked beautiful.

After locking the door I quickly headed over to her, picking her up and into my arms bridal style. Still, she stayed asleep.

I laid her in bed, deciding not to wake her up. She needed her rest since she's been working hard and I know she must be tired. So after I tucked her in under the blankets, I kissed her forehead gently, turned off the lights and left the door slightly cracked.

Now, sported in quilted pajama pants and a black shirt, I walked back to the elevator. I bid Nate and Bill a goodnight after letting them know where I'd be, and if Ana were to ask, that they would let her know, before I hopped on the elevator.

Karen welcomed me with open arms as I walked inside of her room. Some music was playing from the living room section. I could already hear the hollering from LaVelle. They were already having a good time.

"Right on time, Mikey!" Karen was very much intoxicated. I could tell. "L — Let's go.... go sit down, okay?"

I chuckled. "Okay, but don't you think you've had enough to drink already, Turkle?"

Drunkingly waving me off, she laughed. "Oh, nooo. I'm not — I'm not that drunk! Don't ruin the fun before it even starts! C'mon!"

Before I could protest she was already pulling me into the living room by my arm. The others immediately noticed me and began cheering.

"Boss man's not locked inside his room anymore!" LaVelle chuckled, giving me dap.

"I guess so."

"What made you finally come out of hiding, man?!" Brad asked as I sat down, shaking my head when LaVelle offered me a drink. 

I giggled. "It's more like, who. Ana would have came too, but she's sleeping."

"Ah, man I hear ya'. Sometimes sleeping is the best option for when you want to get away for a while."

———

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain