23. As Soon As You See Me with Someone Else

I glanced down at Boone’s body next to me in the bed when I heard his phone going off.

                I went over to the desk and picked up Boone’s phone as it was Jensen calling him.

                I grabbed the phone as I went down the steps toward the back deck.

                I let the phone ring as it went to voicemail.

                I let it ring again and go back to voicemail.

                I looked out over the lake as the phone went off once more.

                I went to pick up the phone when Aurelia came out the back door taking the phone from me.

                “You should go see him.”

                “I have been sleeping with Boone for the past two nights.”

                “Jensen doesn’t need to know and I mean hasn’t he been sleeping with an ex? Jordana shut up and go fight for him.”

                I smiled back at her as I got up from the deck and went back into the house.

                Genevieve ran down the hallway as the person at the door kept ringing the bell. Genevieve slammed into the door as she unlocked it.

                “What are you doing here?” Genevieve said back to Danneel as she walked into the house.

                Danneel looked back at Genevieve. “Where is your husband?”

                “Jared isn't home.”

                “So you are alone?” Danneel looked back at her.

                “My sons are asleep or I'm hoping right now.” Genevieve rubbed her eyes. “What are you doing here?”

                Danneel smiled back at Genevieve when she grabbed her by the neck and tossed her back against the wall.

                Genevieve’s eyes got wide, “What are you doing?”

                Danneel looked at her, “You are not helping me. You are doing nothing but making everything worse for the rest of us!”

                “I am trying to do what I can. I mean Danneel I pushed her off a ledge onto marble flooring. Don’t look at me and say that I'm not doing anything! I tried to kill her to get her out of her our lives. It’s not my fault that she didn’t die.”

                Danneel glanced over her shoulder, “You need to finish this.”

                “I'm not killing this girl that just came here to be my nanny.”

                Danneel pushed Genevieve away from her, “Genevieve, you are having another man’s baby and you think Jordana is gonna remain silent, bitch you got a lot to learn.”

                Genevieve shook her head back at her, “Don’t say that to me.”

                “What that you are a whore or that Jared loves her so much more than you?”

                Genevieve’s bottom lip started to tremble, “Shut up Danneel.”

                “He doesn’t and will never love you the same again. But don’t worry I will have our guys back at our feet in days.” Danneel smiled back at her.