32. Everything Is Breaking Down Because Of You

Syracuse, NY

                I looked up from the whiskey as Aria walked into the room later that night.

                She glared back at me then grabbed her bag and went out the front door.

                Mom glanced back at me, “Are you happy now?”

                “You lied to me about her.”

                Mom glared back at me.

                “Yea I know the truth now. I know everything that you don’t want me to know.”

                “Jordana, that information is deadly.”

                “No Mom, keeping it from me was deadly.” I said back to her as I put my cup into the sink then went out of the room.

                I walked into Aurelia’s room when I saw her sitting at the window.

                I went over to her as I saw the bottle in her hands. “You are drinking without me, no fair.”

                Aurelia laughed back at me, “So Mrs. Kavanaugh wants you back here.”

                “The way she was talking, something isn't going right here Aurelia.”

                Aurelia glanced back at me, “Are you willing to come back here and give up everything in Vancouver?” 

                I laughed back at her, “Fuck no; I'm not coming back here.”

                Aurelia nodded her head, “Thank god, I can't see us moving back here.”

                I smiled back at her as I took the bottle from her.

                Aurelia glanced back at the door, “I mean the way my mother acted, and do you even think it’s safe for us to be here now?”

                I looked down at her.

                “I mean she doesn’t want us here in this life and when you told her that it was too late, Jordana she acted like we were a part of something that was blood in and blood out.”

                I handed the bottle back to her, “This family is blood in and blood out.”

                Aurelia watched as I walked out of the room closing her door behind me.

                That next morning, I walked down the steps in my sweats to hear Aurelia laughing with someone. I walked down the hallway and back toward the back living room to see Aurelia standing infront of Natalie and Jared.

                I smiled as I ran over to Natalie.

                I wrapped my arms around her, “You are ok.”

                “I hate Graham.” Natalie said back to me.

                “We all do.” Aurelia mumbled out.

                Natalie smiled back at her.

                “Wait, who else came?” I asked when I saw all the bags.