44. You May Be Smiling From Happiness Now.

2 Months Later

                "Jordana, you have to answer me."

                I glanced up from my fingers.

                "You can't sit there and not say anything."

                "I'm sorry what the question was again."

                "I asked you if you have spoken to them in the past few months since the accident."

                I shook my head back at him, "No, I haven't talked to them."

                "You think that is the smart thing?"

                "I don't know, I came to you for advice and you just wanna push that I am breaking down. You wanna toss me into a place that will forever look at me like I'm sick in the head. I'm not sick; I'm just hurt for what happened."

                "Do you blame yourself?"

                I glared back at him.

                "Do you blame yourself for her death?"

                "She dug into something that she shouldn't have touched. So no, I don't fucking blame myself for her death. Katherine got what was coming to her. Don't look at me and say that I should blame myself because I don't and I never will."

                "Jordana, you came to me for help."

                "Which was a massive mistake." I got up and walked out the door as I saw the other three people in the waiting room.

                I shook my head as I went out the door pushing my sunglasses on my face.

                I walked down the marble steps of the building as I saw the guard watching me. I smiled and waved back at him as I kept moving.

                I shook my head as I heard the call come in.

                The guard got up from his chair as I cracked a smile and just kept moving.

                I stepped out into the Vancouver sunlight as my phone was going off.

                It was Cassie calling me again.

                I shook my head as I went down the street. I walked toward the diner that I use to see Boone and Jared when I stopped.

                Boone was in the gym training someone.

                I shook my head as I kept on moving down the block.

                My phone started up again.

                I glanced down as it was Aurelia this time.

                I cracked a smile as I ignored her and went toward my car.

                I unlocked my car when I saw him moving toward me. I glanced down at my keys as the guy tried striking me in the back of the head. I ducked down taking my keys across his face.

                He screamed out in pain as I pushed my hair out of the way noticing that my shoes were covered in something thick like mud, "Those aren't cheap you ass wipe."