Chapter 28: Shooting star

After Eren started to tear up he stormed out of the room and onto the streets. You and Armin looked at each other then caught up with Mikasa as the three of you rushed off to find Eren. 

When you all walked outside Eren wiped his red eyes turning back to look at his friends, the three of you sat on the steps with him. "Eren can we talk about your dream?" Armin asked resting his elbow on his knee "Yeah" the brown haired boy replied "After all I got it from you, breaking free from the walls and all that" He said this with a slight smile on his face knowing full well his dream did come Armin. 

Armin turned his head away from Eren looking at you beside him then down at the ground. "I'm going to enlist in the recon corps" Armin said looking up, you gasped "uh..Armin.." you put your hand on his shoulder squeezing it gently. "Are you for real Armin?" Eren asked in shock "Your our top theoretician! put that to better use!". You didn't know if you should agree or disagree with Eren, because well it didn't matter where Armin went, You were always going to be with him. 

Armin's eyebrows scrunched together in frustration "I don't care if I die as long as I can be useful". You squeezed his shoulder tighter "A-Armin..don't say stuff like that...i-it scares me" you were being truthful. It did scare you, to hear Armin say he doesn't care if he dies. You didn't want to lose him. His hand reached up to yours on his shoulder and rubbed it without saying a word. 

"I'm going to the Recon Corps to" Mikasa finally spoke. You, Armin and Eren whipped you heads around to her astonished by her words "You got the top score didn't you?" Eren said "Go to the Military Police" he demanded. "I'll go to the Military Police if you do" you sighed knowing she would say that. "If you go to the Garrisons, so will i, You'll die an early death if im not there for you" Eren grunted knowing this was true "I never asked for that." he said turning away from her. "i dont want to lose whats left of my family" she said.

You shuffled closer to Armin clinging onto his arm. "Me too" you said looking at the ground a quick gasp escaped Armins mouth as he turned to you holding your face between his hands "Y/n...dont follow me" he said. You couldve slapped him right then and there. How dare he?. "No" You said firmly. His eyebrows raised "No? what do you mean no?". You sighed "Listen Armin we promised eachother we would stay together and i cant always count on Mikasa and Eren to save your ass i need to be there to! Im not leaving you whether you like it or not!" You snapped at him.

Eren and Mikasa were shocked and taken back by your words. Armin opened his mouth to speak but you shook your head then leaned in and presses your lips against his in a soft kiss. He smiled and put his hands on either side of your torso and squeezed you gently "guess im stuck with you then huh?". You giggled and nodded then looked at Eren and Mikasa who were smiling brightly at you two "Guess so" you said. 

All four of you looked up towards the bright stary sky. When you looked up a shooting star flew across. You lived for moments like these, moments where everything was quiet as you sat with your boyfriend and family.

Armin reached over and held your hand in his, you leaned against his shoulder smiling sweetly. "𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝑨𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏....𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒘!" he was ready to tell you something special that night but no.

"𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕.."