Chapter 6: The years after

"Rei pleeeease!!" You begged following him around the house. Its been a few years since the attack of the colossal titan, you havent seen any of your friends since but you know deep down that they're still alive and they're okay.

Since that day you lost your parents you've been living with Rei and his wife Saya. It was nice and sometimes it felt like home again "Saya tell this kid!" Rei yelled to his wife "Tell her what love!?" She called from the kitchen "Let her live her dreams!" She said, Rei could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

"Rei why cant i join the training corps!?" You whinned slamming your hands onto the table "Because your like 10 years old" Rei said leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on the table "I am not! Im 13!" You said crossing your arms. Saya walked into the dining area and handed a plate of meat, bread and potatoes to both you and and Rei.

She sat down at the table and smiled at you pouting and staring down at your food "Its okay honey, when Rei goes to work you can sign up" She tucked your beautiful h/c hair behind you ear. Rei huffed and bit into his bread "Saya dont encourage her to be reckless". His wife sighed and tied back her long black hair into a bun "Who are you calling reckless? Rei you were just like this at her age" she lifted the food to her mouth.

Armin closed his eyes as he let out a long sigh, the small breeze ruffling the leaves in the tree above him. He layed back onto the soft green grass...For some reason he startes thinking of..y/n. He thought back to that day remembering how excited your were to learn about the ocean "𝑊ℎ𝑜𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑?" "𝑜ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑛" "𝐴𝑟𝑚𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑜𝑙!!"...."𝑦/𝑛 𝑖 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ!" "𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝐴𝑟𝑚𝑖𝑛!".

"Y/N!" Armin sat up gasping for air and holding his chest "Thinking about her again huh?" Eren said sitting up so he was now leaning against the tree Armin gulped and ran a hand through his short blond hair "I keep getting flashbacks of that day...i-am i being reminded of how i couldnt save her and bring her with us?" Armin asked Eren but also asking himself

"Look Armin i know its hard, especially for you, having already lost your parents then loosing your grandfather...and your bestfriend" Eren looked over at Armin, he was staring at a yellow little flower. It swayed in the gentle breeze as Armin pinched the stem with his fingers and plucked it out the ground. "Eren.." Armin said looking down at the flower "Mm?" Eren hummed "Do you ever think....She could still be a-alive..?"