Chapter 2: The attack

"Its getting late we should head back" Mikasa said standing up. But you and Armin were to focused on the book, lying on your bellies kicking your feet in the air and talking about the ocean "Yeah your right Mikasa" Eren said "Come on you two thats enough for today" Eren patted both your heads. "We can read more tommorrow" Armin smiled closing the book "that sounds awesome!" You said standing up.

The four of you were about to go back home when you all froze at the sound of a blood curdling scream, You turned around and looked up at the wall. "G-g.." your hands were shaking but you grabbed Erens arm and turned him around "y/n it was just a scream-" He stopped when he saw the enormous skinless titan towering over the wall and looking down at the town.

"RUNNNN!!" Armin yelled grabbing your arm and running off, Eren and Mikasa followed. "WHERE DO WE GO!?" You yelled running with your friends "HO-" Mikasa was cut off by the sound of loud crashing. You all spun on your heels looking over at the dust near the wall. "Whats that?" Armin said shaking.

The dust cleared to reveal a large hole in the wall "I-it b...broke the wall...IT BROKE THE WALL!" a man behind you said. Suddenly titans started pouring in crushing whatever was in front of them and eating everyone in sight. "GO!!" You yelled pushing your friends through the huge crowd of panicking people.

All four of you ran through the crowd shoving past people "We have to go to our families!" Eren said, You all nodded as Eren grabbed Mikasas hand and ran to where their home was.

You turned to Armin, he looked at you with worried eyes "Its okay Arlert when this is over we'll finish reading about the ocean" You said, you ruffled his hair then turned to run away. But armin spun you back around to face him "y/n i promise that i will take you to the beach!" He said sliding his hands down your arms then interwining his fingers with yours.

You smiled and sighed "You better keep that promise Armin" You kissed his cheek then ran off. Leaving him blushing and smiling "MOVE KID!!" A woman shoved passed Armin and made him fall over. He dusted himself off and rushed off to find his family.

You ran and ran to where your house was just as you turned the corner you were pulled back, strong arms wrapped around your torso "HEY LET ME G-" your screams were cut off by a hand covering your mouth. "Shhhh..." The man said holding you tight. He peeked around the corner and gestured for you to look.

You slowly put you head around the corner of the building to look down the street. Your eyes widened at the sight, the titan was crushing the house under its huge foot, screams coming inside the house. A man came running out of a near by house and was sprinting towards you and the man that was holding you.

The titans attention turned to this man and it reached out it enournous arm and grabbed the man. He let a out scream that made you shiver. You trembled as you saw the ugly beast lift the man to its mouth, it opened wide "Dont look" the man holding you said covering your eyes. You didnt want to look anyways so turned and buried your face into his chest fisting his brown jacket.

You held onto him tight as you heard the sound of bones crushing and the smell of blood spread through the air reaching your nose. You heard the man gag and cough. You let go of his jacket and looked up and him "A-are you okay sir..?" You asked, he looked down at you and smiled, he bent down and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear "i need you to be brave for me kay?"