Chapter 38: Three words

I'm just testing writing in third person.  :)

just as Mikasa and Armin were about to shoot up the wall, Eren jumped from her hold. He ran and wrapped his arms around  his three friends  like he was shielding them then the second the cannon went off he bit down on his hand drawing blood. There was a loud boom and crack of thunder then a whole huge body started to form around them all. The ribs building up along the spine  leading all the way up to an arm that raised high in the air and stopped the cannon with a loud explosion. 

Y/n couldn't see the officers through all the steam but what she could see was that the four of them were inside the skeleton of a titan that had only formed its upper body. The h/c hair coloured girl looked up and noticed that the titans head was moving slightly. It was still alive. Suddenly something emerged from under the muscle of the titans nape. Eren. Y/n could see from where she was crouched that he was breathing heavily and something was pouring out of his eyes? No. There were red lines leading from his eyes and half way down his cheeks.

Armin had panic painted all over his face ad he stared up the then. Y/n moved over to him placing a hand on his shoulder to sooth him "It's okay, he did this to protect us" she reassured him smiling lightly. He was now up on his knees facing the girls direction and cupped her face "your not hurt are you!?" He checked her face for injuries "nope just the ankle" she giggled. No this wasn't a bad time to giggle. It was the perfect time. Her giggling told Armin she was fine, that she was still her true self.

"Mikasa, Armin Y/n!" Eren yelled running on the outside of the titan then stopped by a rib "hey are you guys alright!?" He panted over the sound of the titans bones crumbling "Eren..how did you-" "I don't know" Eren answered knowing what words would've left Armins mouth. The real eyes boy looked up "look it's already starting to vaporize just like the corps of a titan, lets get outta here" He walked through the steam and watched the soldiers on the other side "Hard to tell if their just watching and waiting or just totally dazed I suppose it doesn't really matter much either way".

Mikasa finally rose to her feet and Eren continued, "I'm sure once the smokes cleared out they'll presume attack". Armin stood up to then helped his girlfriend to her feet, well foot.  Letting her hold his shoulder to support your stance "after what they've seen I think we've ruined any chance at reasoning with them" Eren said looking up at the titan he was buried in just minutes ago. "No shit" Y/n added as she to stared up. "Watch out the smokes clearing!" Someone yelled making the four friends turn their heads "We attack on sight!" Someone else barked.

Eren, Mikasa, Armin and y/n stayed out under the titan caged within the ribs while the titan also crumbled around them. Armin held Y/N's hand, the blond boy didn't want her out of his sight or out of his reach. He wanted her as close as possible so he could protect her with his life. "Listen I'm getting out of here" Eren said sternly "where..how?" Y/n asked leaning forward a little "anywhere but here, then I head over the wall and straight to Shiganshina..." he looked down at his clenched fist "..but I'll have to become a titan again" Armin gasped at his friends words "you can transform at will?". Mikasa so far hadn't said anything about the situation.

"To be honest I don't know how I'm doing it Armin" his best friend told him "I just know that I can..it's hard to put into words but it was like reflexive see in that moment my mind subconsciously focused on stopping the cannon ball. That's why it's decaying it only the endurance to meet that task" The boy panted and started getting anger every second "next time I'll be stronger. I'll be a 15 meter high titan slayer just like I was before" he said this through clenched teeth. "Eren.." Mikasa finally spoke up "your nose is.." Eren swiped his finger across his nostrils smearing the blood above his lip and smeared blood on the side of his pointing finger.