Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Justin's POV

"This is just boring." I say to my best friend, Niall. He rolls his eyes sighing. "I need to find a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. Please stop griping and help me." He says irritated. "Dude, she's stupid and a complete bimbo. I don't get why you're dating her." I say shrugging. "Because she's nice and we've been dating for like three months." I gasp, "Oh three months is so long! My apologies! I didn't know time with someone was what mattered."

I roll my eyes groaning as I grab a box and open it. Inside it was a shiny expensive wedding ring. We were currently in the jewellery store. I grin and turn to Niall, his back was facing me and he was looking at the necklaces and bracelets. I get on one knee and hold out the ring, "Oh Valerie, I'm in love with you." Niall swings around and raises his eyebrows. I clear my throat to keep from laughing. "Not really. But we've been dating for three months now.

Only because you're hot and a dumb blond that doesn't notice the way I stare at the Starbucks girl when she's not looking. Will you marry me?" I bat my eyelashes. Niall looked around embarrassed because people were looking at us thinking we were a gay couple. I burst out laughing and Niall slaps the back of my head, "I DO NOT STARE AT LINDSEY!" He disagrees and I chuckle. "How'd you know her name then?" I ask grinning mischievously.

"It's on her name tag." "And you remembered her name? I don't recall me remembering a waitress's name from her name tag." I tease and he rolls his eyes. "Whatever. You don't even have a girlfriend." Niall sticks his tongue out at me. I nod my head putting the ring back and Niall grabs a pretty necklace. "Well, maybe this Lindsey girl has a friend." I wink and then grab the necklace from Niall. "Gosh, this is fancy. How are you going to pay for it?" I ask handing it back.

Niall sighs, "I don't know. But Valerie will freak out if I don't buy her something nice." I cringe at the mention of her. She was a freaking jerk to everyone but Niall and uses Niall all the time. Niall could do a lot better. In fact, the Irish lad was quite attractive. I'm sure if he got the courage to ask Lindsey out, she'd say yes. But every time he's around her he gets super nervous. Niall bites his bottom lip and sets the necklace back down.

"I'll come to pay for it later." I agree and we both leave the expensive rich store. Walking down the sidewalk of the shopping centre, I pull Niall into the small Starbucks. He groans nervously and yanks my hand off. I glance over to the counter and sure enough, Lindsey was sitting on a stool waiting for another costumer. She was staring blankly at the counter while biting into an apple. "That lucky apple..." Niall murmurs and I chuckle walking over.

She looks up and immediately smiles, standing up and greeting us with a "Good afternoon!" Niall nervously hides behind me with his back to her so she won't see him freaking out. "Hello, I'll have a hot chocolate with a lot of whip cream." I say simply. She nods putting it in and looks to Niall. I was about to tap his shoulder but her voice stopped me, "And what for you, Niall?" She asks and Niall spins around. I resisted the urge to burst out laughing at his excited face.

"You know my name!" He says and then shuts his mouth. Idiot. I though coughing out my laughter. She grins nodding, "Of course. How could I forget my favourite costumer?" She giggles, "So, the usual?" "You remember my usual?" Niall asks grinning so wide I thought that smile would be stuck like that forever. "Um yes." She laughs. He gulps nodding, "Um yeah. My usual." She smiles grabbing a cup for mine, "Justin." I say and she writes it down and goes to make it.

Niall turns to me, "Oh my god..." He mumbles quietly. "What?" I whisper back confused. "She's wearing a skirt." He whispers glancing back at her biting his lip. I follow his gaze and see that under the apron, she was wearing a high plaid skirt. "So?" I ask staring at him like he's insane. "So... I love that. And look, she's wearing knee high tights. That is so attractive." I groan, "You're obsessed." I say louder and her head turns around to look at us concerned.

We both smile awkwardly as she comes back and hands me my drink. She hands Niall his and waves going back to the blinder. I nudge Niall in the arm. This was his perfect chance. "Oh! Um, Lindsey?" He asks and she smiles a little bit friendly and walks back over. "C-could I have your number-" He freezes staring into her eyes like he was paralyzed. "Uh I mean. Could I have your..." Niall gulps and I groan silently, he's ruining it!

"Your cheesecake muffin thing?" I face palm. What the heck, Niall? She smiles nodding, "Sure." She grabs it and he pays her. We grab our drinks and his mistake of a muffin and walk out. "YOU IDIOT! Why didn't you just follow through?!?" I ask sighing in sympathy for my blond friend. "Man... I don't know. Those eyes are like... Oh my god... They sparkle." He practically drools staring into space. I roll my eyes, "It's just a girl, Niall." He stops in his footsteps and looks at me like I just murdered a puppy.

"What?" I ask confused. "Just a girl?" Niall gaps at me. "Yeah..." I say still confused. Niall turns to me scolding me with his blue eyes, "Have you gotten a good look at that angel? Long dark blond hair... Green hazel eyes that captivate my every thought and oh my god, those lips." Niall moans looking down in a daze. I raise my eyes, "She's almost taller than you." He glares at me, "THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT! And height doesn't matter when it comes to falling in love."

I nod, "Okay. Then this may bring your fantasy to an end. Your in a relationship!" I flick his forehead. "And anyways, we've gotta get moving. I need to go give my song to Mr Towne." Niall perks up, "Isn't that the guy that owns that performance theatre?" He asks. I nod, "Yeah. People hand him their songs they write and if he likes it, you get to preform there. He said all I have to do is walk in and drop off the lyrics at the front desk then leave." I shrug and we head that way.