Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Niall's POV

I sit in Starbucks grumbling stubbornly as I hide behind the magazine I was holding. "Don't leave Lindsey." The manager snaps and she just rolls her eyes at him, grabbing her jacket. "Jake, I'm tired and my shift is over. See you later." She says and he tries stopping her but she grabs her shoulder bag and stalks out of the room. I take this as my chance and stand up.

I throw away my empty Starbucks cup and begin walking out when a hand stops me. "What are you doing, Horan?" Jake, Lindsey's boyfriend, asks crossing his arms. "Going to my car..." I trail off lying. I was going to go try and talk to Lindsey but I guess it's too late for that. "Listen, I know you like my girlfriend and are trying to take her or whatever. But you don't have a chance. Lindsey and I have been dating for awhile now and I really like her. Back off. Got it?"

He asks raising his eyebrows.

I force a laugh, "Whatever, Jake. I know guys like you. All talk, no action. And then there's guys like me-" "pricks who think they are just all that?" Jake sneers and I roll my eyes, "The ones that aren't afraid to kick your penis." I growl and walk out shoving him out of my way. He was probably glaring at me but I don't care. I walk out to my car when I notice the beautiful blond leaning up against it. "Lindsey?" I ask confused striding forward.

"Niall." She says happily standing up straight, "I just wanted to tell you how sweet you were the other day. I've never had such a cute admirer." She winks giggling and my heart melts. "It was fun." I say nervously clearing my throat. "And I'm sorry about Jake.. He's a real jerk." She sighs shrugging. I was gonna ask her why she's with him then but that's kind of rude so I avoid it. "Anyways, what you did was really sweet." She steps up a bit closer making my heart race.

"I've never been so swooned off my feet." She blushes. I turn red in embarrassment as well, "Um, it's no problem." She nods and fiddles with the strand of her bag and I suddenly try to get some confidence. Just ask her. There's no hurt in trying. So what if Jake gets pissed? "There's a party tonight that my buddy is having. I know you probably are busy but I just thought I'd invite you anyways." I say smiling gently waiting for her to say no.

"Do you have a date to it?" She asks biting her lip. I shake my head and she lights up in a smile, "Then yes. I'll be there. Let me go home and change." She starts walking to her car and I nod, "I'll follow." I say and she nods and mouths, 'thanks' and we head to her house. But as she got into her car and began driving and I got in mine, I fist pump. "YES!" I say and laugh, following her.

Justin's POV

"Feel like I'm on top of the world with your love!" Cher sings perfectly and I whistle laughing. She smiles at me and continues doing amazing. Cher was one of the brattiest girls, but she was very sweet and a good friend to everyone. And she was an amazing singer. Currently, I was in the large auditorium for the talent show. Everyone was pretty good. But I knew we'll that the competition was Cher and Niall.

But Niall wasn't performing so it was Cher who would probably win. Cher finishes her song and everyone cheers and she ends with a smile and a thank you. "Next we have our very own heartthrob." The announcer winks and I step forward with my guitar, "Justin Bieber!" He shouts and nods to me, walking off the stage. I walk to the middle as a crew person brings a stool up for me and leaves.

I sit down and plug up my guitar to the stereo and take a deep breath. "Hey everyone, I know I usually do covers every year. But I wrote a song and yesterday, talking to a beautiful friend of mine... I guess I just remembered this and decided to play it for you." I say smiling and I look to the VIP section and recognise Hannah and probably other important people. "This is for Hannah." I say grinning and she gaps in disbelief and slight annoyance that made me chuckle a bit.

I begin the song slow and just strumming the tune acoustic, "We gonna party like it's 3012 tonight

I wanna show you all the finer things in life. So just forget about the world, we're young tonight.. I'm coming for ya, I'm coming for ya!

Cause all I need

Is a beauty and a beat

Who can make my life complete

It's all about you,

When the music makes you move

Baby, do it like you do... Cause..."

I stop strumming and stand up and there's a period of silence as the dancers jump out and the lights instantly change and I kick off my feet, the beat blasting. The beat and loud cheer of the crowd ran through my veins as I dance perfectly as planned to the music. I had a good feeling about this.

One hour later:

I sigh standing at my front porch waiting for her. Why wasn't she here? I had finished my song and of course, Cher won but I was happy for her anyways. I was runner up so I was happy at the moment. But people were filled inside my house dancing to music but no sight of Hannah anywhere. "Hey man, this is Lindsey!" I hear Niall and turn to see a pretty blond.

I grin, "I know you. You're the girl I got Niall to finally talk to!" I laugh and she nods laughing as well, "Nice to see you again, Justin." She smiles and Niall an her decide to head to get drinks and I follow them as well. Guess I won't be seeing Hannah tonight.. I think sadly and carry on to host a big house party. It was hard work when your sad. Later into the night, my eyes catch a familiar figure.

I grin running up to her immediately. "You came..." I say smiling cheerfully. Hannah blushes looking down to her feet. She was gorgeous. She was wearing a cute short blue dress, white heels and her make up was natural which I loved. "How could I not?" She blushes deeper, peering up at me through her hair. "What you sang.. To me.. I loved it. That was so sweet.. Thank you."

I smile brightly, "Well... I know you said you weren't interested. But I was hoping maybe you'd like to go out with me tomorrow night... I know you don't like me and all but you know-" I'm cut off by soft lips pressing against mine. I kiss back but she pulls away looking into my eyes smiling, "I'd love to."