Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Rachel's POV

Louis and I spent the day together chatting about the most random things and listening to music. I'll admit, a few times during the day I longed so badly to be out of the hotel room and go somewhere fun. It was hard to be restrained by Louis... Not that I didn't love his presence but I wanna have fun. It's New York City and I'm stuck in a room. It sucks. But, to be fair, it struck my mind that Louis has dealt with this for twenty-one years.

I feel a little guilty of how selfish I am being but I need to walk around a bit. Currently, I'm in Louis's arms and we're listening to Ed Sheeran. I pull out my earbud and stand up. Louis sits up startled by this sudden movement. "Hey, would you be alright if I went out for awhile?" I ask him biting my lip. He nods with a sullen expression I've never seen him have. It kind of made me want to cry. "Yeah... Where are you going?" He runs his fingers through his hair sighing. He could tell I was bored and wanted to get out. Great.

"Shopping." I say deciding that's what I should do. He smiles a little looking up to me though he couldn't see me, "Oh. Then that's completely fine. I'm not one for shopping. Stay safe, though." he says concerned as he thought about my safety. "Don't worry. We're in the nice part of the city. Completely safe. See you in a little bit, Lou." I chuckle kissing his cheek and grabbing my purse. I walk out and search for the nearest clothing stores. I shop for a little while and check my watch. It was about time to be back for dinner.

I walk out of the store sighing. I didn't have much money, I was just shopping for fun. A sound suddenly comes to my ears. The melody was quite beautiful actually. I could tell the person singing had amazing harmony and a melodic soothing voice. Looking around my surroundings, I find the source. A boy around my age sat at the corner of the street, about a block away from me, strumming away at his beaten up guitar. I nibble at my bottom lip.

It's not that smart to walk into the dark towards someone I don't know... Especially in New York City... At night. But the voice was so... Perfect. I take a deep breath pushing down my nerves and I begin walking toward the dark alley. This was incredibly stupid. If my body could talk... My head would be screaming to not approach the stranger but my body was strangely soothed by this voice.

By the time I could even make sense of how stupid I am being, I'm standing right in front of him. "Tell me what you want to hear. Something that will light those ears. Sick of all the insincere. I'm gonna give all my secrets away!" He sings just perfectly and hums along the last chorus. When he was finished, I reach into my purse and pull out a ten. I place it in the guitar case and he looks up startled. My eyes meet sparkling brown ones. He looks at me cautiously under his hood but then shakes his head.

He grabs the cash handing it back to me, "I don't play for money. But thanks anyway." he sits up putting the guitar up and snapping the case shut. I blow out a breath of air, I've never seen someone reject money. "You sound really good." I say shyly. I should be leaving but something about him made me feel relaxed and safe. "Thank you." he smiles and let's down his hood noticing my nervous posture. The boy was even more beautiful than his voice.

I had never felt such an urge to gap at a guy for his attractiveness until now. He had messy black hair and sun-kissed smooth skin. I know everyone has some type of flaw, but it's so hard to find one on this boy. He stands up and offers his hand. I shake it feeling more and more comfortable around him. "I'm Zayn." he introduces himself taking in my appearance as well which made me a little nervous, but the good bubbly kind. I giggle like a little girl and then blush, "Nice to meet you."

I say too delighted to make sense of what I was saying. He laughs and I swoon, oh wow. I'm sick at my knees. He's so perfect. "Do I get to know you're name, love?" he asks with his thick British accent sort of like Louis'. "Oh yeah... Um, Rachel." he pulls his hand back and begins to walk towards the city area, guitar case in hand. "Well, are you busy tonight?" he asks and I follow him up the street. "I don't know... Should I be?" I ask stupidly.

"I hope you're not. There's this amazing restaurant down the street and I'm hoping if you don't have plans, you'll join me?" he smiles friendly and I grin excitedly, "Sure! That'd be awesome." he nods laughing, "Great! Come on before Sally gets there!" he shouts grabbing my hand and suddenly I'm jerked into the road. Was he insane?!!?! I scream in shock but he yanks my hand and swerves around the cars honking at us.

We finally reach the sidewalk and he pulls me along as if he didn't nearly kill us.

"Who's Sally?" I ask trying to act calm like him. "This really big women who comes to this place every night and well... Eats away her feelings. There's never enough food for anyone who comes after." he says dramatically which makes me laugh. I liked his personality. We head to the restaurant when he suddenly grins at me. "Can I call this a date?" he asks me flirtatiously. I know I should feel guilty for Louis but right now with Zayn... "Definitely." I say smiling.