Chapter 20

Jo's POV:
It's almost evening and I realize that I really spent most of the day with him, as I promised.
We're still in the bed, hugging each other, close to each other.
"How do you want to spend the rest of the day?" I randomly ask.
It would be enough for me to spend my time in this bed with him. It's strange how the people in our life, despite coming and going, can become our home over the months.
Hero is home to me. Precisely because I would waste another 12 hours of my life playing stupid with him rather then being like everyone else around me. 
I don't want to be like everyone else, I want to be myself, along with him.
"Huh, I don't know..Are you hungry?" he asks wearily.
He looks like a puppy. His head is resting on the comfortable white hotel pillow, which messes up his hair and his expression is frowning from sleep.
I get up and rest my chin on our intertwined hands, smiling.
"No, I'm not hungry." I mumble.
"Why are you smiling?" He smiles too, as if he can't help it.

It's nice to know.

"Because after a long time I'm in the right place and at the right time" i say, responding more to myself than to him.
"Glad to hear this." he answers and spins me under him, kissing me again, like a few minutes ago.
Then he detaches himself from me, and looks at me with those sweet blue-green eyes.

"So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" he asks, and pushes my hair away from my face. He always does and I love it.
"Well..we went to a carnival, we got wet in the rain, we made love...what is left for us to do?" I joke.
"What if we cook burritos?" he asks and I almost laugh at him.
"What?!" I yell laughing.
"Why not?"
"We aren't able to make them, we don't have the ingredients, and...I'm lazy."

He looks at me with the look of someone plotting something and I know I've already seen that look...fuck.
"Don't you dare-" i say but he doesn't let me finish the sentence and forcefully throws me off the bed, putting me over his shoulders.
"I am naked!" I scream.
"I don't give a fuck." he mumbles.
"Put me down!"
"If you don't stop yelling, the hotel folks will think I'm trying to kill you." he jokes and puts me on the kitchen counter.

I look at him defiantly but I can't help but love when he's himself like this.
Maybe I made him happy again as before...and I always want to see him like that. 
Will it be?