Chapter 18

Jo’s POV:
I haven't had this much fun in too long.  We arrived at the hotel soaking wet. The rain has ruined my hair, now swollen with humidity and my well-ironed clothes have turned into pieces of crumpled fabric.
Hero is always perfect, as if nothing could stop him from enchanting me with his bright green eyes.
“Stop staring at me, you put me in awe.” he says.
I turn immediately, embarrassed by eye contact. 

When we arrive at the hotel the doorman looks at us badly, I suppose due to our shabby appearance.
We go straight to his room and an awkward silence falls between us, again.

I don't know if it's good or bad.

Anything could happen at the moment, but neither of us utters a word.
“Do you have warm tablecloths? I need to dry my hair, I'm soaking wet.” I ask suddenly.
He swallows and says "Sure give me a moment".

He leaves the room and in the meantime I take off my coat and lay it on the chair. I sit on the bed but wonder how we will spend our time here.

Will we talk about our past, the present or a possible future together?

I stop torturing myself, when Hero steps into the room and hands me the tablecloths.
“Thank you so much” I say and he smiles back. Damn.
He stares at me while I settle down.
“Stop, you put me in awe like that” I murmur and he chuckles.
“I’m sorry, but you’re...stunning.”

I didn’t expect those words.

He’s sitting on the soft bed and I reach him, dirtying the sheets with my heels.
He looks at me petrified and I silence his thoughts with a soft kiss.
He leans over and bites my bottom lip, then his tongue accompanies mine.

The slow movement, together with the fire burning inside me, causes butterflies in my stomach.

He puts his hands on my cheeks and holds me closer and closer. I bring my hands behind his neck and press hard on his lips. I push forward to make him lie down on the bed.
He’s still dressed so I take off his coat first, slowly, I kiss his neck and I feel his chest rise and fall against mine, his wet and warm breath tempting me, his scent of vanilla and tobacco.
“I love your scent.” I say in a tight voice.
“Do you?”
He closes his eyes and focuses on my mouth running down his skin sucking his collarbone. I take off his sweater and I can't help but be attracted to his sculpted physique.

He throws himself once more on my mouth and begins to undress me slowly; little drops of rain fall from my hair to his forehead.
His fingers are too cold, they give me goosebumps, and I stiffen my back.

He pulls away from my mouth to look at me and his lips are still swollen and red.
I stroke his forehead and pull his hair back. This time I lie completely on him but my hand goes lower and lower.
He tries to stop me but I put it inside his boxers and move it slowly.
“Fuck, Jo...” he mumbles with a eager voice.
He throws his head back and lets himself go.  Suddenly he throws himself on me and begins to savor every inch of the skin.

It’s wrong, isn't it?

I forget everything when he starts kissing my belly,  softly. I can feel all his emotions: the fear of making a mistake, that it is still too early, the love he puts into every gesture, the suffering of having to face all this knowing that he is balanced on a thin line. If the thread breaks we’ll have to say goodbye to all of this, otherwise we’ll be strong enough to continue to stand by each other.

I love you I whisper an inch from his lips.