He Doesn't Love Me Anymore

There was a knock at the door around 5:30pm.

I stood, putting my things down on the table, thinking I'd open the door and head kiss the daylights out of me as soon as he laid eyes on me; Bucky, that is.

My eyes met the wall across the way when the door swung open. I looked down.

"Rebecca?" I was confused. "Come in, come in... what're you doing here all by yourself?"

She walked past me and I closed the door behind her, locking it and leading her over to the couches.

"Well, dad sent me over to ask you if you wanted to have dinner at our place seeing as Miss Rogers is going to be at work late tonight," she rambled.

"Oh, well, sure," I smiled at her. "I'd love to have dinner with you guys tonight. Sounds great."

"Okay, it's at six," she looked up at me. "But, Steve...?"

"Yea?" I answered.

"I- uhm... I wanna ask you something," she started.

"Sure, what's going on?" I asked.

"It's Jimmy," she mad a sad face.

"Hey, hey... Becca," I pulled her in for a hug. "Don't cry, it's alright. What's wrong with him?"

"He... uhmm," she sniffled and pulled away, wiping her nose on her sleeve. "He never wants to play with me anymore. He doesn't love me anymore."

"Of course he does," I laughed it off to make her see how ridiculous that sounded. "I promise you, he still loves you, don't worry. But, Becks, why would you say something like that?"

"It's Dolores, his girlfriend," she pouted. "H- have you met her?"

"I have."

"She's nice, but I don't like her," she crossed her arms. "She... she's only nice when he's there."

"I know what you mean," I agreed. "I feel the same way."

"You do?" she sounded so hopeful. "Really?"

"Mhmm, I do," I smiled, putting my hand on her shoulder. "And I see what you mean about him being far away, too."

"What do we do?" she wondered. "You know, about Dolores?"

"I was able to pull him away from her recently by talking to him about it," I lied. "Maybe if you talk to your brother and tell him how sad you are, he'll understand."

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so," I assured her. "I think, then, he'll spend more time with you."

"Really?" she smiled up at me.

"Really."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she hugged me tight.

"Sure thing Rik," I hugged her back. "Ready to head over?"

"Yea, let's go," she said. "We're having casserole."

"Ohh sounds good," I commented, taking her hand. "I'm real hungry now."

"Me too!"