I Really Wanted This

I was sitting on the windowsill, watching the people walk the sidewalks in the falling snow covered in the orange aura provided by streetlights when there was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" I called, stepping onto the cold, wooden floor in just my socks and placing my sketchbook on the windowsill with my pencil.

I unlocked the door and swung it open.

"Howdy," Bucky greeted me, walking past me. I shut the door and locked it behind him.

"What's up?" I asked, really just wanting to know why he was here.

"Nothing much," he answered, popping off his shoes. "Rik's got one of her little annoying friends over, though, and I couldn't stand the yelling. Hope you don't mind the company."

"Already told you I don't," I answered with a sympathetic smile. "Especially on a night like tonight."

"What's tonight?" he wondered.

"Well, it's cold and that storm's raising hell out there," I explained. "We might lose power an-"

"And you're afraid of being here alone without power, right?" he filled in my sentence. "Not to mention the fact that Sarah won't be home until..."

"Nine," I replied. "Tomorrow morning."

He smiled, nodding at me when the lights flickered.

"Speak of the devil," he said. "They're not off yet, but it sure feels like that's the direction we're heading in."

"Agreed," I added. "Maybe we should make food before we're unable to use the kitchen appliances entirely."

"You didn't have dinner yet?"

"Nah, I was drawing at the window most of the day," I detailed. "Honestly don't even know if I had lunch," I grabbed my stomach, realizing that I actually was really hungry.

"What can we make?" he led me into the kitchen.

I shrugged. "Sandwiches?" I walked up to and stood next to him, leaning up against the counter as he had been doing.

"Sure, though, that doesn't require much use of anything in here other than the fridge," he pointed out.

"Good point," I chuckled. "Still, I'm in the mood for a sandwich."

"Sandwiches it is," he declared, opening the fridge to view its contents. I quickly made my way to his side to look inside, too, to pick out what I wanted on mine.

I felt him turn his head towards me and look over. "Can I help you?" I questioned, trying not to laugh.

"I could ask you the same question," he asked, also trying not to laugh.

"I'm tryna pick out some stuff for my sandwich here."

"Okay, you first," he moved motioning for me to look. "I can look from over your head, you're short," he chuckled.

"Whatever," I laughed, looking around.

I looked all around, trying to think of what I felt like having. Salami? No. Olive-Loaf? No. I bent down to see what was inside towards the back because, well, maybe I was missing something really good.

I heard him breath out harshly as I did so, though, but I didn't stop. I kept looking. I was determined to pick something, despite my debilitating indecisiveness.

His hands, though, I felt them reach around my waist. I wasn't sure what to do, so I didn't move and just waited. He moved closer, I felt him pulling on me almost, unless I'm making this up. I felt compelled to push back, but didn't.

"Steve," he mumbled.

I slowly stood upright and let his hands remain on my waist from behind. I turned my head to the side, feeling his breath on my cheek. "Mhmm?" I quietly answered.

He exhaled. "Turn around."

I did.

His eyes met mine. Then, hand grabbed my face and his lips met mine.

I closed my eyes and kissed back, realizing that, somehow, I really wanted this.

His hands lingered at my waist and pulled me tighter and closer in to him. I brought my hands up to his face and dragged my fingertips across his skin as his tongue started to enter my mouth.

He slowly but surely pulled back. "Lesson 5," he started. "Always seize an opportunity when presented with it, and always be ready."

"Oh, so... we're still having these lessons, then?"

"Hell yea," he answered. "Better to be prepared."

"Well, we could always do the lesson later- we're gonna eat," I reminded him. "Are you not hungry anymore?"

"I'm plenty hungry," he smirked. "Just, not in that way."

"What d-"

"Never mind that," he shook his head with a sideways smile, taking my face into his hands. "You need more practice."