Then, I Felt His Lips On Mine

I walked out of my room pretty early this morning, right around 9:30, and still in my pajamas.

"Bucky?" I stepped back, unaware that he'd been there.

"Good morning, my sunshine boy," mom smiled at me, sipping from her mug. "Coffee?"

"I'm alright," I replied. "I'm gonna- I'll be back, I have to get dressed and get ready."

"We're not going anywhere," Bucky cut me off before I left. "See?"

I looked at him for real and realized he was in his pajamas, too.

"Why are you in y-"

"Because," mom interrupted me. "Why not? It's Sunday anyway. I'd be in my pajamas, too, if I wasn't heading to work in 10."

"Alright, I'll brush my teeth then and wash my face and I'll be back- in my pajamas."

"Mkay," Bucky looked over at me from under his eyelashes as he took a sip of his coffee.

I gave him a once-over quicker than I could even think before I backed into my room and shut the door behind me. I pushed my back against it and slid down to the floor, my arms wrapping around my legs for a second.

I had to think about what the hell just happened.

Firstly, I totally embarrassed myself by walking out in my pajamas and not seeing that he was in his too. I'm so dumb.

Also, did he just look at me like that? Like, the exact way he was telling me about yesterday? And then... did I respond to it? Was it subconscious? Well, for me it was; but what about for him?

I stood and made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, thinking about this same thing the whole while.

When I finally made it out, mom was heading out the door.

"I'll see you later, Steven," she waved. "Love you!"

"Love you too," I smiled and she shut the door behind her.

I looked down at my feet for a second, the smile lingering, not wanting to face him.

After I eventually looked up, he wasn't looking at me like I'd expected him to be. He was washing his mug in the sink and had just placed it on the drying rack now.

"So, why're you here so early?" I asked.

He turned around and rested on the counter. "Well, I-"

"As a matter of fact, don't you always spend Sundays with Dolores?"

Silence.

"Not that I mind, of course, I like the company when mom's at work," I smirked. "Actually, I always like the company, if I'm being honest."

"Good, because I'll be here all day," he smirked back with no response to my initial question, pulling out a small 5-pack of gum from his pajama pants pocket. "Want some Wrigley's? It's spearmint."

"I'm okay, I just brushed my teeth," I answered. "Thanks though."

"Mhmm, if you say so," he opened one and pushed it into his mouth. "What's the plan?"

"Well, we're definitely not going out dressed like this," I chuckled. "Not like we go out anyway."

He chuckled. "I guess you're right. Though, I don't mind it... the whole staying-in thing."

"Neither do I," I agreed. "We could head to the couch again, you know, as we usually do."

"Or to the balcony...?" he proposed.